- Chair Lift. Gatsiounis, Ioannis // Forbes Asia;9/4/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p70
The article reports on the acquisition of U.S. upmarket gadget-and-gift retailer Brookstone by Osim International. The acquisition is considered a perfect vehicle to boost sales of Osim International's pricey massage chairs. Its core business now boasts 581 Osim stores in Asia and 33 scattered...
- RICHEST ATLANTANS. Westby, Elizabeth // Atlanta;Oct2006, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p29
The article presents information on the richest businesspersons in Atlanta, Georgia. Barnard Marcus is one of the founders of the biggest home-improvement retailer. Marcus is also known as the benefactor of the Georgia Aquarium. Jesse Mack Robinson founded two lucrative finance companies in...
- Ranks of Millionaires Swell... // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p22
This article reports the growth of the U.S. millionaires in 2004. While the stock market did not do much in 2004, the number of millionaires in the country grew 21 percent that year. This growth is due to the sale of their businesses. Small-business owners make up the largest percentage of...
- Trio agrees to buy Brookstone. Del Franco, Mark // Catalog Age;May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the agreement of health and fitness products retailer OSIM International, private equity firm JW Childs Associates LP and investment company Temasek Holdings Ltd. with cataloger Brookstone Inc. to acquire the company. Price per share of Brookstone under the agreement; Importance of...
- Buying into mythology about millionaires. staff // Christian Science Monitor;7/23/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 166, p12
Reports that many Americans overestimate the number of millionaires in the United States.
- How To Reach 'Low Profile' Millionaires. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/10/2001, Vol. 102 Issue 50, p19
Provides tips on identifying real millionaires in the United States. Conventional view on millionaires; Percentage of millionaires in the country that fall into the category of beautiful people; Professional classification of most millionaires in the country.
- How to Make Your First Million. Kornreich, Jennifer // Cosmopolitan;Dec99, Vol. 227 Issue 6, p220
Profiles some women millionaires in the United States.
- Millionaires multiplying in Poland. // Regional Today;7/22/2014, p1
The article focuses on a report by "Rzeczpospolita" daily, which claims that the number of millionaires in Poland rose by 9% to 14,700 persons in 2013.
- The world is mean to millionaires. Getty, J. Paul // Saturday Evening Post;5/22/1965, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p10
Reflects on being the richest man living in the U.S. Difference between a multimillionaire and a well-to-do man; Information on the letters he received everyday; Penalties of being rich.