The Top 15
- Royals Rolling in Riches. // Forbes Asia;9/17/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p100
A list of the richest monarchs in 2007 is presented including Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan and King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- A long and golden reign. // Travel Trade;6/15/2005, Special section p7
The article presents information about the political system as well as monarchy of Brunei. Brunei's monarchy forms the base of the country's identity. Brunei is ruled by Sultan and Prime Minister Hassanal Bolkiah. The Sultan has ruled since 1967, when his father Sultan Muda Omar Al Saifuddien...
- RICH & ROYAL. // People;3/20/2006, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p195
This article looks at the lives of some of the richest members of royalty in the world, including King Abdullah Bin Abdul-Aziz of Saudi Arabia who owns one of the world's longest yachts and is worth over $26.5 billion, Queen Elizabeth II who is worth nearly $1 billion, the Grand Ducal family of...
- Haji Hassanal Bolkiah. Means, Richard // Haji Hassanal Bolkiah;2007, p1
This article presents biographical information for Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, the twenty-ninth sultan of Brunei, and considered one of the wealthiest men in the world. Bolkiah served in various political positions, including defense minister and finance minister, for Brunei. An overview of Bolkiah's...
- Asia's petro billionaires. Byrnes, Sholto // New Statesman;7/13/2009, Vol. 138 Issue 4957, p24
The article discusses the monarchy in the Asian sultanate of Brunei under the rule of Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah. The central issue of the article is the significant wealth possessed by the monarch and the spendthrift ways in which he disposes of money. The article also notes that Brunei...
- The Sultan of Brunei. // New Internationalist;May2000, Issue 323, p29
Focuses on the decline of personal fortune of Brunei Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzaddin Waddaulah. Extravagance of his brother, Prince Jefri; Constant flow of Shell Oil revenues into private bank accounts; Decision to slaughter some of the polo ponies and sell off other prized trophies.
- Brunei. Wolfsan, Johnny // New Internationalist;Mar2008, Issue 409, p36
The article features the country Brunei. Malay Islamic Monarchy bestows Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah carte blanche to rule the country as he deems fit. It is stated that Brunei is a very peaceful country where no one wants to upset anyone and alcohol, homosexuality, democracy, public accountability...
- Kings, Queens & Dictators. von Zeppelin, Cristina; Fass, Allison; Hessel, Evan; Kroll, Luisa; Serafin, Tatiana; Swibel, Matthew // Forbes Asia;5/22/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p57
The article features several kings, queens and dictators and their fortunes. It includes King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia, Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei, Prince Albert II of Monaco and Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.
- The richest man in the world. Greig, Geordie // Cosmopolitan;Jun95, Vol. 218 Issue 6, p98
Profiles Brunei's billionaire Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Reputation as the world's richest man; Role of Islam in the Bolkiah's life; Lifestyle as a monarch; Statistics of Bolkiah's spending habits and earnings.