- YASHIRO RETURNS. Kelly, Tim // Forbes Asia;2/16/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p61
The article reports that Japanese banking guru Masamoto Yashiro has joined Shinsei Bank again as chief executive officer after his successor, Thierry Porte, stepped down for being unable to stem losses from Japan's consumer credit crunch and the global financial crisis. The bank has revealed a...
- Citi-Backed Buyout Firm in Deal to Acquire Japanese Bank. Weil, Dan // American Banker;9/29/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 187, p21
Reports that Ripplewood Holdings LLC has agreed to acquire Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan Ltd. through the backing of Citigroup Inc. Value of the sale.
- Collins Tonic for Japan. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Global;4/19/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p13
Focuses on the success of Tim Collins, head of the investment firm Ripplewood Holdings, in turning around the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan after a group of investors he led acquired the bank in 2000. Financial status of the bank when it was acquired by Collins; Changes and reform implemented...
- Treading Ever-So-Lightly in Japan. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p62
Reports on U.S. private equity company, Ripplewood Holding LLC's acquisition of the fixed-line assets of Japan Telecom Holdings from telecommunication firm, Vodafone Group Plc. Value of the acquisition deal; Background on the merger negotiations; Ripplewood's hiring of Citigroup and J.P. Morgan...
- MASAMOTO YASHIRO. Frederick, Jim // Time;12/20/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 25, p142
Discusses how CEO Masamoto Yashiro has presided over the successful turnaround of the once bankrupt Long Term Credit Bank which has been renamed Shinsei. Consideration of how Yashiro's style of management differs from the Japanese corporate history regarding competition, profitability, and...
- Japan: Banks for Sale. McCrary, Ernest S. // Global Finance;Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p55
Reports on the sale of Japanese banks to foreign equity investors. Foreign investor who took over the Tokyo Sowa Bank; Control of the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan by Ripplewood Holdings of New York; Reasons for the bank debt crisis in Japan.
- CORRECTIONS. // Fortune International (Asia);9/28/2009, Vol. 160 Issue 5, p16
Corrections to articles previously published in "Fortune International (Asia)," are presented, including "Smart Moves to Make Now," about selling stocks in the August 31, 2009 issue and "Checkmate for a Wall Street Wizard?," about Masamoto Yashiro in the September 14, 2009 issue.
- Here's how to tell when suppliers' honeymoon ends. Lapham, Edward // Automotive News;5/31/2010, Vol. 84 Issue 6414, p22
The article presents the author's comments on Tom Stallkamp, an industrial partner at the private equity group Ripplewood Holdings LLC.
- Sir Nick's in the hunt for Jaguar, LR. // Automotive News;8/13/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6268, p46
The article reports on the appointment of former Ford Motor Co. executive Nick Scheele as the advisor for Ripplewood Holdings LLC, a New York private equity group bidding for Ford's British brands.