- Listen Up. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p24
The article offers a look at how Shawn LaPean, director of Cal Dining at the University of California in Berkeley, saved the dining business during its lowest time. LaPean notes that in doing his business, he does not feed people, but he serves them. He applied work, flexibility and an...
- Cal Dining Tries its Hand at B&I. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the University of California at Berkeley's Cal Dining has taken over the dining services for Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, also known as the Berkeley Lab. It is Cal Dining's first B&I account and Shawn LaPean, director of Cal Dining, says he is learning how to...
- Going Green. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p28
The article focuses on Shawn LaPean, director of dining at the University of California-Berkeley. With two major renovations completed, LaPean is making good on his promise to diversify and enhance the dining options available to his customers. A commitment to bringing more culinary talent to...
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- More special health bars are popping up. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10s
Reports on the establishment of more food services offering health foods in college campus vicinities in the United States. Includes Home Plate dining center in Darmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire; `Lite Bite' station in University of North Carolina; Vegetarian and meat dishes without...
- NO MORE SECRETS: Exhibition cooking removes the mystery. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the improvement of student perceptions of university foodservice at the State University of New York in Geneseo, New York after the opening of a marketplace-style foodcourt as of February 2004. Expectations of students on foodservice meals according to the president of the National...
- PFSM kicks off campus value deals. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/96, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p18
Reports on Professional Food-Service Management's (PFSM) introduction of a value-meal promotion its college and university accounts.