Trumpeting Soup's Allure
- SOUP HEATS UP. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;02/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p60
Features how some United States restaurants and foodservice establishments are offering increasingly creative soups and making customers crave for them. Distinctive cooking technique; Ethnic stock; Unique ingredients; Upscale garnishes; Soup recipes.
- ECCO. Lauterbach, Christiane // Atlanta;Sep2006, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p247
The article presents information on various restaurants in Atlanta, Georgia. The Ecco is a European styled restaurant and has an unusually long, low and partially subterranean building. It is not an expensive restaurant. PozolÃ‰ is the restaurant situated in the Greenwood Avenue and is famous...
- Soup celebration. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Jan2003, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p74
Food service operators are offered Campbell Co.'s Tomato USA Noodle Soup. The soup combines Tomato Soup and patriotic USA-and star-shaped noodles.
- ACROSS THE AMERICAS. Lauterbach, Christiane // Atlanta;Jun2006, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p192
The article presents information related to the food served at Tierra restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia, which is owned by Dan and Ticha Krinsky. The menu reflects the owners' ongoing exploration of the indigenous food of the Hispanic New World, with dishes from Mexico to Cuba, Argentina, Peru,...
- New GREEK REVIVAL. // Indianapolis Monthly;Apr2004, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p236
The new Grecian Garden restaurant, located in the northwest corner of the City Market in Indiana, cooks up a darn good loaded gyro on tender pita, rich, lemony avgolemano soup, a velvet-smooth mix of rice and chicken with tangy, buttery flavor.
- Some Real Soup Nazis. // Food Management;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p104
The comments on issues related to food service in Europe. Nativist right-wing groups called Identity Bloc in Paris offered a soup kitchen that contains pork which serves as a blow to the state's official multiculturalism. Germany and Wales defeated France in the Battle for the Dragon Cooking...
- Playing Up Seasonality. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p48
This article focuses on the promotional food-service offering of Aramark. Since one size rarely fits all, there is room for promotions to reflect regional preferences. For 2008, the soup category will include nine soups. The soups that will be offered include the traditional double chicken...
- A Menu Made to Order. Welch, Jack; Welp, Mary; Allar, Bruce; Hacker, Stephen; Newberry, Beth; Coomes, Steve; Crutcher, Dan; Nation, John // Louisville Magazine;Feb2005, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p32
The article presents information on various food-joints in Louisville, Kentucky, which provide some of the tastiest items in town. Hot and sour soups around the world are a dime a dozen, and the great majority of them are so much alike that they may as well have come from any soup- mix packet....
- STARTER SET. Taylor, Wendy // Restaurant Business;4/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p66
In harmony with the popularity of small plates, chefs are going one step further and offering themed appetizer samplers. A trio of soups served in four ounce cups placed on a triangular plate hold the guests' interest at Market Inn in Washington D.C. According to general manager Mike Kipp the...