- Top Area Senior Communities. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 29, Special Section pB2
Presents a list of the top area senior communities in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Serving up fresh, local food. Gaines, Robin // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Aug2006, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p57
The article looks at the significance of implementing a food-buying program and building a state-of-the-art-kitchen for the Bartels Lutheran Retirement Community in Waverly, Iowa. The project of the University of Northern Iowa provides a weekly list of local farmers and vendors selling fresh...
- A DINING RENAISSANCE: Family-style suits Erickson residents. // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the launching of a dining program at the Renaissance Gardens healthcare facility, a retirement community in Brooksby Village, Peabody, Massachusetts. Description of the dining program at Renaissance Gardens; Goal of the introduction of a dining program; Features of the dining...
- ELIXIR OF LIFE. Bernard, Miriam // Community Care;12/16/2004, Issue 1553, p36
Reports on the findings of a participatory action research study conducted by a team from Keele University in Staffordshire, England to explore living and working in a retirement village. Description of the village; Number of people accommodated by the village; Challenges facing the retirement...
- PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING: RETIREMENT VILLAGES. Thornton, Robert // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p40
The article highlights the popularity of retirement villages in Australia. One of the reasons why retirement villages have become a growth industry in the country is the aging population. The author says the perception that retirement villages are another name for aged care facilities should...
- What Does the future Hold for CCRCs? Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the challenges faced by food service operators in Continuous Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) in the U.S. Strategies used by food service operators to maintain healthful dining among older people; Complexities of the dining operations in CCRC; Menu designs at CCRC. INSETS: Wining...
- Capitalizing on wellness market trends. Guszkowski, Gene // Journal on Active Aging;Jun2013, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on the need to implement changes and larger projects at senior living centers to improve the economy after the economic recession and also discusses trends related to senior communities. It mentions points to overcome challenges regarding the construction of communities...
- Smart Tips for Tours. R. B. // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2013, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p178
The article discusses things that should be kept in mind while visiting a senior living community to choose an appropriate one.
- Another new peak body. Curtis, Keryn // Australian Ageing Agenda;Nov/Dec2012, p7
The article reports on the plan of the Retirement Village Association (RVA) and the Property Council of Australia (PCA) to create a peak body which will represent the retirement villages in Australia.