PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p18
This article describes the marketing strategies of several foodservice directors in the U.S. At Murray State University, they have been working with the International Student Organization to host an international cuisine night that will coincide with different cultures' holidays. A...
- Chuck Aldridge. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p48
The article offers a brief profile of Chuck Aldridge, president of National Association of Collegiate Concessionaires (NACC). It highlights NACC projects that Aldridge focuses on, including increasing vendor opportunities, finalizing plans for the 2014 conference, and planning the 2015...
- Free Advice is Yours to Take. Pond, James // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
The author reflects on the importance of sharing ideas on how to improve food service in order to provide customers with a better dining experience. Commercial operators and hospital food service differ in terms of facilitating interaction between unit managers. He emphasizes the significance of...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p16
This section presents food service ideas and strategies of universities and other institutions in the U.S. Rick Balfour, director of dining at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, explained their strategy in launching reusable cloth lunch bags. Concordia College associate director Janet...
- IN COLLEGES: Campus execs. lead in tenure. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p52
Deals with the economic prospects of the college food service segment in the U.S.. Compensation bracket of the segment; Dropout rates of its employees; Challenges facing college food service directors; Customer enhancements in college food service.