Healthy Does It
- POS Systems Learn To Leverage The Internet. // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p72
Reports the increase of point-of-sale system buying activity of foodservice operators in Florida as of year 2000. Availability of operation and sales data to owners and managers; Access of owners to real-time information and report summaries; Creation of personalized digital dashboard for...
- New Windows Additions for: Point-of-Sale Options. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p138
Talks about the shift of the food service industry from proprietary point-of-sale (POS) systems to a Windows basis. Major reason for the switch; Effectiveness of Windows in multi-tasking performance; Advantages of the backdrop of well-versed Microsoft technology.
- Study shows tough year for foodservice POS market. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/9/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p54
Focuses on the challenges of the point-of-sales (POS) market systems for the food service industry in Boynton Beach, Florida. Views of IHL Consulting Group president Greg Buzek on POS market system; Rate of penetration for personal-based POS systems; Impact of casual-dining chains on the POS...
- USED BY 75% OF STAFF DAILY: Iowa hosp. installs cashless P-O-S. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p38
Focuses on the Chord Odyssey Cashless Point of Sale system installed by the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City in April 2002. Cost of the system; Percentage of staff customers who utilize the cashless point-of-sale system on a daily basis; List of dining outlets included in...
- Time for a POS Upgrade? Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p28
This article focuses on the features of point-of-sale (POS) systems that provide benefits to food service operators. The Web-based reports and alerts function seems like something used by a quality status regional manager or multi-unit franchise owner, and it does work well for them. But even...
- Rethinking the Back Office. Gould, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;10/27/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p3
Comments on the back office systems in the food service industry in the U.S. Importance of effective communication in the business; Features of the point-of-sale systems; Collection of information in back office systems.
- An open POS architecture today builds a migration path for tomorrow. Butler, Jerry // Nation's Restaurant News;10/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p30
Opinion. Comments on issues which many American food service operators have to consider when purchasing point-of-sale systems. Protection for the investment; Ease of use; Serviceability in enhancing services.
- Desperately Seeking Your Site. // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2001, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p102
Provides information on the Web sites related to the food service industry in the United States. Major Web search engines and directories that focus on restaurants and food; Use of Internet advertising to market food service companies; Information on point-of-sale systems in foodservice. INSET:...
- TARGETING NEW HOSP. CUSTOMERS: Cashless POS paves way for room service. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the plan of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics to launch room service that will allow the selling of meals to patients' families and guests. Details of the room service project; Information on the planned use of a cashless point-of-sale system for the service.