- High school talks trash. // Food Management;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
Officials in the Clinton School District in Iowa have been struggling to explain how the district, which is in great need of money, could afford to pay $18,000 for four talking trash can compactors that have drawn national news coverage to the Clinton High School cafeteria. The compactors...
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.
- Retail Makeover Boosts High Schools' Participation 22 Percent. // Food Management;Oct/Nov2016, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p39
The article focuses on the school meal program, Amarillo Balance Kitchen, being implemented by Amarillo Independent School District to three high schools in Texas. It states that the concept is a custom designed initiative which emphasizes health, wellness, balance and sustainability. It relates...
- Vended Meals Make The Grade. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on the testing of a vending machine at Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in Houston, Texas, as part of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The first machine was tested in Windfern High School, which has 300 students who eat at the nearby middle school since...
- More schools are looking to outside sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p96
States that the emphasis of food service operations in school districts in the United States is being targeted at the sales made from the a la carte, highlighting the DeKalb County School in Decatur, Georgia. Amount of students who attend the schools; Amount of money which was spent in food...
- 'BUILD YOUR OWN' BUILDS SALES. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Announces the increase in lunch participation at the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District in Buffalo, New York with the initiation of a School Construction Zone promotion throughout its six elementary schools. Concept underlying the promotion; Range of food items included in the...
- Food service operating efficiency as a function of central office staff sizing and responsibilities. Allers, Katherine L.; Murphy, John F. // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p451
Presents the results of a study of North Carolina-based school districts to identify the most cost-efficient configurations of food service central office staffing sizes and personal assignments. Background on the study.
- Aramark debuts a new cafeteria and new mascot. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p21
Focuses on the launch of a cafeteria called One World Cafe in various school districts in the United States. Menu; Image concept; Introduction of a mascot called Spike.
- District to Change Lunch Account Delinquency Policy. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/15/2012, p2
The article deals with the plan of the Southeast Polk (IA) Community School District to implement a pair of policy changes on unpaid school meal accounts after accumulating more than 40,000 U.S. dollars in unpaid meals.