New Union Eateries for JSU
- Listen Up. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p24
The article offers a look at how Shawn LaPean, director of Cal Dining at the University of California in Berkeley, saved the dining business during its lowest time. LaPean notes that in doing his business, he does not feed people, but he serves them. He applied work, flexibility and an...
- Jackson state's Dept. of Communications may be eliminated due to proposed budget cuts. // Jet;5/20/96, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p17
Reports that Jackson State University's Department of Mass Communications is threatened with extinction by June 30, 1996 due to proposed budget cuts. James E. Lyons Sr., as president of Jackson State University;.
- Jackson State's Dept. of Communications will maintain its departmental status. // Jet;06/24/96, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p59
Reports that Jackson State university's Department of Mass Communications will not be merged with the Department Speech and Dramatic Arts. Comments by university president James E. Lyons Sr.; Issue raised by Professor Doris E. Saunders; Concerns from graduates and parents.
- Jackson State sweeps Commissioner's Cup. // Jackson Advocate;6/16/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 35, p19A
The article reports on the fifth victory of the Jackson State University athletics department at the Southwestern Athletic Conference's Commissioner's Cup in Mississippi.
- Balancing Acts. // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p10
Presents the views of several U.S. foodservice university operators on the top business concerns for the 2004-2005 academic year. Top concern of Ted Mayer, executive director of dining services from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts; Major issue in terms of food according to C....
- Seeking Opportunities. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p30
The article profiles Nona Golledge, director of KU Dining Services at 30,000-student University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas. Named as one of the 2009 KU Women of Distinction, Golledge have served as director of the university's foodservice for five years. She pointed out the importance of...
- Ted Mayer. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p37
The article profiles Ted Mayer, executive director of Harvard University Dining Services in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Mayer is a recipient of International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for introducing highly efficient systems, contemporary menus, and an...
- Full-Flavored Program. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p26
The article features University of Massachusetts, Amherst food service director Ken Toong. It offers information on how he has turned the UMass Dining program into one of the largest revenue-producing campus dining operations in the country. He had used a variety of methods to grow his program...
- The Breakfast Pizza. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p36
The article reports on a breakfast pizza program launched by Ken Toong, executive director of dining services at University of Massachusetts at Amherst. There are three varieties of the thin-crusted product, two savory and one sweet, offered in smaller bites than is typical for pizza....