To Catch a Thief
- Philadelphia district says school security is lax at some campuses. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/18/2013, p1
The article focuses on a statement by the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania about its lax security at some campuses, as of January 2013.
- Educators, legislators agree on security. Bandle, Scott // South County Journal;2/6/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 6, pA1
The article informs that local legislators and Mehlville School District Board officials have agreed to increase funding for school security and it states that four additional county police officers will be present at the entrance of elementary schools in order to prevent any accident.
- A tale of three districts. Henry, Kate // American School & University;May2000, Vol. 72 Issue 9, pC13
Offers a look at the approach to teaching safety and security skills to children at three public school districts in the United States. Details on their security programs; Guns safety programs and peer mediation initiatives; Importance of safety and security issues and measures in schools.
- NYC schools puts police in charge of security. // American School & University;Oct98, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p3
States that the New York City school system has approved putting the city's police department in charge of school security. Responsibility of the department for the district's security force; Potential impact on the schools.
- Video intercoms coming to St. Charles schools. // St. Charles Journal;1/16/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, pA2
The article reports that the St. Charles School District will install a video intercom system with electronic locks for security purposes.
- Biloxi keeps a digital eye on its students. Colgan, Craig // American School Board Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 190 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the effort of the Biloxi, Mississippi, school district to install Web cameras in classrooms and highways. Total value of the project; Objective behind the effort; Reaction from the National School Safety and Security Services.
- Stuff That Works. Trainor, Charles K. // American School Board Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 198 Issue 9, p48
The article focuses on how school districts can protect their from dissatisfied employees and unscrupulous contractors. It asserts that employees are forced to steal school properties to revenge for layoffs and reduced overtime. It mentions the stealing of trailers and other equipment at the...
- AISD board approves security, safety improvements. Slaton, Russell // Malakoff News (TX);5/24/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the approval of the Athens Independent School District (AISD) board on the school security and public safety improvements and has chosen Tyler, Texas-based RPR Construction to manage the construction project.
- Local schools implement ID requirement for visitors. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;8/28/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p2
The article focuses on the new security system implemented at the Graham Independent School District (ISD) in Graham, Texas, which requires school visitors to scan their licensed identification card upon their first visit in the school.