Embarazo gemelar con mola hidatidiforme parcial y feto vivo coexistente: comunicaciÃ³n de un caso
- Feto papirÃ¡ceo. ComunicaciÃ³n de un caso. Ramírez Arreola, Leonardo; Angélica Nieto Galicia, Leyza; Ángel Cerón Saldaña, Miguel; Alejandro Cerda López, Jorge // Ginecologia y Obstetricia de Mexico;jul2007, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p408
The term fetus papyraceus is used to describe a mummified fetus associated to a multi-fetal gestation. We present the case of a of 20 years old patient who entered under the diagnosis of pregnancy of 41.1 weeks of gestation by last menstrual period, and effective labor work. It was conducted...
- Pre- and Postnatal Features of Hydrometrocolpos in One Fetus of a Dizygotic Twin Pregnancy. Troyano-Luque, Juan Mario; de la Rosa, Margarita Álvarez; Padilla, Ana Isabel; Ces, Laura; Martínez, José María; Puerto, Bienvenido; Gratacós, Eduardo; Mercé, Luis Tadeo // Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology;Jul-Sep2009, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p97
A female fetus of a dizygotic pregnancy presented with a retrovesical cystic mass at 16 weeks. Severe and recurrent fetal ascitis developed at 25 weeks. Pre-eclampsia, probably due to mirror syndrome, precipitated fetal extraction, which led to severe prematurity complications and neonatal...
- Diagnosis and Management of Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome. Rossi, A. Cristina; D'Addario, Vincenzo // Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p286
Twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) is a complication unique to monochorionic twin pregnancies, in which the two twins share a common placenta and unequal blood exchange from one twin (donor) to the cotwin occurs through placental arterovenous anastomoses. The diagnosis is posed with the...
- Feto compreso y feto papirÃ¡ceo. Diferencias clÃnicas, tres casos. Luna Lugo, Gilberto; Barragán Ramírez, Guillermo; de la Luz Cruz Hinojosa, María // Ginecologia y Obstetricia de Mexico;may2011, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p313
The items papyraceus fetus and fetus compressus are used like synonymous. The low incidence and the lack of reporting of these cases leads to confusion. Clinical evidence shows significant differences between them and sustain a proper diagnosis. We report 3 cases of patients with multiple...
- Preliminary Experience with Endoscopic Laser Surgery for Severe Twinâ€“Twin Transfusion Syndrome. Ville, Yves; Hyett, Jon; Hecher, Kurt; Nicolaides, Kypros // New England Journal of Medicine;1/26/95, Vol. 332 Issue 4, p224
Background: In monozygotic twin pregnancies, there are placental vascular communications between the two fetuses. In 15 percent of such pregnancies there is an imbalance in net blood flow between the twins, resulting in the twinâ€“twin transfusion syndrome. The recipient twin may have...
- Pregnancy's silent risk. Johnson, Kirk A. // Heart & Soul;Sep2001, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p46
Focuses on preeclampsia, a pregnancy-related hypertension. Description of preeclampsia; Theories suggested as cause; Ways to lower the risk of preeclampsia.
- A possible test for pre-eclampsia. Polak, Monika // GP: General Practitioner;4/22/2002, p57
Reports on a method in diagnosing pre-eclampsia in pregnant women. Monitor of the levels of sex-hormone-binding globulin; Comparison of the risks between lean and overweight women; Factor contributing to the pathogenesis of pre-eclampsia in women.
- Pressure Control. Moriarty, Colleen // Baby Talk;Mar2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p52
Provides information on preeclampsia in pregnant women. Importance of early detection; Effects; Causes.
- Diagnosing and treating preeclampsia. Martin, James N. // Jackson Advocate;9/29/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 50, p19A
The article focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of preeclampsia, a pregnancy-related condition which is inferred to be a leading cause of maternal and infant sickness and death in the U.S.