Thomson Learning Combines Two Higher Ed. Publishing Operations
- McGraw-Hill Children's Publishing Adds Frank Schaffer Publications. // Educational Marketer;06/04/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
Reports the acquisition of Toronto, Ontario-based Torsta's Frank Schaffer Publications by New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. in May 2001.
- With Two Mega-Deals Closed, Future M & A Activity Seeks To Fill Niches. // Educational Marketer;8/20/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p5
Provides information on mergers and acquisitions in the publishing industry in the United States in 2001, including the acquisition of Boston Brahmin Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal.
- Directory M&A--Ringing Up Higher Multiples. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the high multiples to be paid by acquirors to purchase U.S. telephone directory publishing business and independent publishers.
- Gale to rouse Sleeping Bear. Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the children's division of Sleeping Bear Press Inc. by Gale Group in Detroit, Michigan. Employment of Sleeping Bear Publisher Brian Lewis at Gale Group; Customer base of the reference publisher; Terms of the distribution agreement.
- The toughest part of the transition. Maurer, Rolf // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p126
Presents the views of four magazine publishers regarding the hardest part of the integration process of mergers and acquisitions. Includes the opinion of Michael Levy, publisher of `Texas Monthly'; Don Pazour, president of Miller Freeman Inc.; Gene Burns, publisher of `Maximum PC.'
- Forum: Consolidation and the small publisher. Maurer, Rolf // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p100
Presents the views of four smaller independent magazine publishers in the United States concerning the effect of industry consolidation on their businesses and markets. Includes the opinion of James Morel, founder of `Popsmear'; Shirley Halperin, president of Slanted Publications Inc.; Hal...
- SUPPLY HOUSE TIMES rejoins PM to offer total market coverage. // Supply House Times;Mar2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p8
Reports the acquisition of the 'Supply House Times' publication by Business News Publishing II LLC from Cahners Business Information in the United States. Integration of 'Supply House Times' into the 'PM Engineer' publication and the 'PHC Profit Report' newsletter; Plans to reinvigorate...
- Reader's Digest buys Books Are Fun, will sell products through display. // Book Publishing Report;09/06/99, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p5
Reports on publishing giant Reader's Digest's acquisition of Books Are Fund Ltd.
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;09/06/99, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p8
Presents a roundup of news concerning the international publishing industry, as of September 6, 1999. Includes Hodder Headline's acquisition of Wayland; Finalists for the 1999 Book Prize.