Harcourt General Mulling Sale To Raise Shareholder Value
- Harcourt General. Geer Jr., John F. // FW;6/20/95, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p16
Faults the notion that if a company buys back its shares, it must mean the stock is cheap. Details of case of $3.2 billion-in-revenues Harcourt General, made up of parts of the old Harcourt Brace Jovanovich and General Cinema; Share prices; How the stock has fared; Why investors are cooling to...
- Harcourt Price Could Rise Higher. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;06/26/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p3
Presents information on the financial status of Harcourt General company as of June 26, 2000. Stock price of the company; Services provided by the company; Losses suffered by the company for its second quarter ended April 30, 2000.
- K-12 Education Group Leads Harcourt 2000 Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;12/18/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the revenue growth of K-12 Education Group at Harcourt General in the fourth quarter of 2000.
- Harcourt sets $200 mil buyback. Peers, Martin // Variety;3/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 6, p66
Reports on Harcourt General Inc.'s plan to buy back its own stock. Harcourt's cash reserves; Harcourt as possible buyer of NBC and CBS.
- School units led Harcourt Bruce in 1993. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/21/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the operating income of Harcourt General for 1993. Percentage increase from earnings in 1992; Sales from elementary schools; Success of the `Treasury of Literature' reading program; Sales from secondary school group; Sales from the college group.
- Acquisitions a top priority for Harcourt General. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 45, p12
Reports on Harcourt General's acquisitions in the publishing industry. Investment of $800 million in cash; Dick Morgan as chairman; Outlook of Harcourt for 1995.
- Harcourt General to spin off theatre unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/20/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 38, p8
Reports on Harcourt General's spin off of its theatre operations. Operation of the General Cinema Theatres to be managed by GC Companies; Ownership and share of stocks; Timetable.
- Strong third publishing quarter at Harcourt General. Milliot., Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the sales performance of Harcourt General for the quarter ending July 31, 1993. Increase in operating profit; Performance of various departments and units; Strong year for publishing group.
- Cash-rich Harcourt seeking acquisitions, moving from print. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/25/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p14
Reports on the plan of Harcourt General to acquire publishing companies. Problem with excess cash; Investment in internal development; Key products under development.