Houghton Mifflin And WebCT Announce Alliance For College Mkt
- Synergy, Adoptions and Acquisitions Suggested as Possible Growth Drivers for Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;1/20/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the growth strategy for Houghton Mifflin Co. in the U.S. Market share of the educational publisher; Product development and distribution partnership with Thomas H. Lee's portfolio units; Pursuit of opportunities on the K-12 textbook adoption circuit.
- Vivendi to Sell Houghton Mifflin to Pay Debt? // Educational Marketer;7/15/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p4
Examines whether Vivendi Universal SA will sell educational publishing subsidiary Houghton Mifflin Co. to pay debts. Anti-trust issues; Crossovers in textbooks.
- CEO to Push Houghton Mifflin to Internet. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p5
Announces the appointment of Hans Gieskes as chief executive officer of U.S.-based educational publishing subsidiary Houghton Mifflin Co. Retirement of chairman, chief executive officer and president Nader Darehshori; Development of new businesses; Career history.
- California Reading Adoption: Houghton Is Popular, But More Sales for All Are Still to Come. // Educational Marketer;10/14/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Houghton Mifflin and McGraw-Hill's sales performance in the California K-8 reading adoption as of October 14, 2002.
- Houghton Mifflin Claims 39% Share Of Titles Ordered In Florida. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p5
Reports that Houghton Mifflin Co. has claimed thirty nine percent share of the volume of titles in the K-12 social studies adoption ordered in Florida.
- Houghton Mifflin Revenue Flat in Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;8/14/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p4
The article reports that the trade and reference revenue of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts, was stagnant in the second quarter of the year 2006 with an increase in sales of $28.6 million. There was a decrease of $53.5 million in the total division revenue in the first six months...
- News Briefs …. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p8
The article offers news briefs on publishing firms in the U.S. Horizon Textbook Publishing has released the fourth edition of the book "Understanding Algebra for College Students" in October 2006. Houghton Mifflin has released two books "The Enduring Vision: A History of the American People,"...
- HM: Sales Rose 5% in '03; Will Decline in '04. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the increase in the revenue posted by publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. in 2003. Total sales during the year; Sales gains experienced by its educational publishing divisions; Factors that contributed to such increases.
- Riverdeep, Houghton Mifflin and Thomson Stir More M&A Activity Than Has Been Seen Since 2001. // Educational Marketer;11/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p1
The article reports development of merger and acquisition activity in the educational publishing industry. Thomson Learning Corp. and Houghton Mifflin Co. have the potential to account for the acquisition amounting to $10 billion in 2006. Also, a Riverdeep Inc. and Houghton agreed to create a...