- Revisions in state establishment-based employment estimates effective January 1997. Podgornik, Guy L. // Employment & Earnings;May97, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p3
Provides an overview on benchmaking methods and effects of the March 1996 benchmark revisions in the United States. Current Employment Statistics' (CES) provision of employment, hours and earnings estimates for states and areas on a timely basis by estimating the number of jobs in the universe;...
- Benchmarking's role in treasury management. Sagner, James S. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec94, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p68
Explains the role of benchmarking in treasury management in healthcare organization. Definition of benchmarking; Payable reviews that should be performed; Comparison of equivalent activities as the appropriate benchmark.
- Benchmark standards for ASIC technology evaluation. Martinez, Antonio A.; Bhandia, Aloke S. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Aug95, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p66
Evaluates ASIC supplier performance claims using two benchmark circuits standards. Description of the benchmarks; Evaluation of performance claims; Supplier performance comparisons; Assumptions and future extensions.
- The nuances of benchmarking. Simmons, Linda C. // Mortgage Banking;Jul96, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p95
Discusses various aspects of benchmarking. Impetus for initial forays into benchmarking; Flaws that caused fallouts in 1986 and 1987; Influx of servicings being sold by the Resolution Trust Corp.
- Are you a survivor or a thriver? Sullivan, David // National Petroleum News;Aug94, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p45
Discusses the business concept of benchmarking. Problem with comparing one's business with the industry leader; Gauging one's business with those successful in other industries; Areas of concern for petroleum/convenience store marketers.
- Benchmarking: Key to being the best. Weiss, W.H. // Supervision;Mar96, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p14
Reports that benchmarking is a means to improve operations by measuring your company against the most successful companies. Methods and procedures; Types of benchmarking; Examples of successful results and how they were achieved.
- Kodak class: Internal benchmarking. // Supervisory Management;Apr95, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on an internal benchmarking program called Kodak Class. Finding and applying best business practices.
- Facilities management benchmarks: Lessons learned. Engebretson, G. Allan; Skokan, Bryan // AACE International Transactions;1997, following pB&PM/
Focuses on benchmarking facility operations against industry standards and adoption of the best practices. Elimination of the problem of production plants in safe shutdown; Performance of facility management and maintenance work; Comparison of nuclear and nonnuclear facilities; Data collection...
- Using a coding system to improve benchmarking. Sandberg, Finn H. // AACE International Transactions;1997, preceding pCC.01
Focuses on the use of a coding system to improve benchmarking study and processes. List of performance indicators per project; Report matrix; Unit development costs and rate of return on invested capital concerns.
- Major benchmarking project gets off the ground. Herbert, Bob // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sep2003, p6
Reports on a major benchmarking project of the Australian Industry Group. Benchmark of business practices and cost structures.