Abdominal pain and shock in a 73- year-old patient
- THINK BROADLY FOR ABDOMINAL PAIN. WALSH, ANNE // Clinical Advisor;Dec2014, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p52
No abstract available.
- Assessing acute abdominal pain. Bergman, Roy T. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Apr96, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p72
Presents information to help team physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of abdominal pain in athletes. Decisions to be made by a team physician; Challenge presented by the definitive diagnosis of abdominal pain; Value of historical information in the evaluation of abdominal pain; Important...
- Tracing Unusual Abdominal Pain to a Radio. Chan-Tack, Kirk M.; Adelstein, Edward // Cortlandt Forum;3/25/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the case of a male mental patient brought to the hospital for persistent abdominal pain. Findings of the physical examination; Perplexity of attending physician on source of abdominal pain; Discovery of batteries in bowel loops during review of x-rays.
- Abdominal Pain in a Girl with Juvenile Dermatomyositis. Stefanski, Juliette C.; Shetty, Avinash K. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep1998, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p561
Discusses the medical case of an African-American female with pneumatosis intestinalis (PI), a rare condition of unknown etiology characterized by multiple gas-distended cysts in the submucosa of the colon and small intestine. PI as a classic finding of necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm...
- A Medical Mystery. Mahoney, Michael S.; Kahn, Marc // New England Journal of Medicine;09/10/98, Vol. 339 Issue 11, p745
The article provides a photograph of a 20-year-old college student, who has arrived to the United States from overseas; the student is being evaluated for severe abdominal pain.
- Pinpointing abdominal pain. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Sep93, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p52
Presents a way to pinpoint abdominal pain in terms of abdominal quadrants. Difficulty in tracing sources of pain; Possible sources of pain determined by quadrant location.
- Sustained abdominal discomfort in a 57-year-old woman. Nishiura, Hisayo; Nakase, Hiroshi; Chiba, Tsutomu // Gut;May2010, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p578
A quiz concerning the diagnosis on a 57-year-old woman with abdominal discomfort administered with Chinese herbs is presented.
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT. Hanck, Christoph; Werth, Baseli; Fleisch, Felix; Reinhart, Walter // Gut;Jun2007, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p755
A quiz concerning the clinical diagnosis of a disease which exhibit an abdominal pain following cardiac transplantation is presented.
- Abnormal Radiographic Gas Patterns in the Right Upper Quadrant. Yu-Peng Liu; Fei-Shih Yang; Jon-Kway Huang // American Family Physician;12/15/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p1853
A quiz about the diagnosis for a 73-year-old man with type 2 diabetes who presented with symptoms of right upper quadrant abdominal pain and fever.