Cost-effectiveness of and satisfaction with a Helicobacter pylon "test and treat" strategy compared with prompt endoscopy in young Asians with dyspepsia
- Helicobacter pylori test-and-treat intervention compared to usual care in primary care patients with suspected peptic ulcer disease in the United States Ladabaum, Uri; Fendrick, A. Mark; Glidden, David; Scheiman, James M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec2002, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p3007
OBJECTIVES:The Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) â€œtest-and-treatâ€ strategy in uninvestigated dyspepsia is an effective alternative to prompt endoscopy. Our aims were to determine whether the combination of an educational session and availability of office-based H. pylori testing...
- Regular arrangement of collecting venules (RAC): a characteristic endoscopic feature of Helicobacter pylori-negative normal stomach and its relationship with esophago-gastric adenocarcinoma. Yagi, Kazuyoshi; Aruga, Yukio; Nakamura, Atsuo; Sekine, Atsuo // Journal of Gastroenterology;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p443
The article focuses on the regular arrangement of collecting venules (RAC), a characteristic endoscopic feature of Helicobacter pylori-negative normal stomach. RAC is regarded a conventional endoscopic finding of the H. pylori-negative normal stomach. On magnified views, the gastric body in H....
- CME QUESTIONS. // Primary Care Reports;Mar2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p42
A continuing medical education (CME) quiz is presented, on topics including the treatment of uninvestigated dyspepsia, endoscopy for postprandial fullness and prognosis based on esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) following proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) therapy.
- Is Helicobacter pylori the cause of dyspepsia? Bernersen, Bjorn; Johnsen, Roar; Bostad, Leif; Straume, Bjorn; Sommer, Ann-Inger; Burhol, Per G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/16/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6837, p1276
Examines the association between infection with Helicobacter (H) pylori and dyspepsia in Norway. Factors causing the prevalence of the disease; Methodology of the treatment; Investigation on the occurrence of endoscopic and histological diagnoses of cultures positive with H. pylori.
- Before you order endoscopy, screen for H pylori, NSAID use, `sinister symptoms'. // Modern Medicine;Apr96, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p41
Presents an abstract of the article entitled `Prospective screening of dyspeptic patients by Helicobacter pylori serology,' by P. Patel, S. Khulusi, M.A. Mendall, et al. which was published in the November 18, 1995 issue of `Lancet.'
- Applying artificial neural networks to the diagnosis of organic dyspepsia. García-Altés, Anna; Santín, Daniel; Barenys, Mercè // Statistical Methods in Medical Research;Aug2007, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p331
Background. Dyspepsia diagnoses and treatment decisions are made in situations in which multiple factors must be taken into account. Evolving from neuro-biological insights, artificial neural networks (ANNs) can employ multiple factors in resolving medical prediction, classification, pattern...
- PRO: Endoscopy Is Necessary Before Treating Helicobacter pylori in patients with Dyspepsia. Joseph Sung // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2007, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p473
The article argues that endoscopy is necessary before treating helicobacter pylori in patients with dyspepsia. The author refers to a study which determines whether endoscopy can add useful information for the management of dyspepsia in patients who present to primary care physicians. It is...
- CON: Endoscopy Is Not Necessary Before Treating Helicobacter pylori in Patients With Uncomplicated Dyspepsia. McColl, Kenneth // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2007, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p474
The article argues that endoscopy is not necessary before treating helicobacter pylori in patients with uncomplicated dyspepsia. According to the author, in stead of using endoscopy, certain dyspeptic patients can be treated by the noninvasive Helicobacter pylori test and treat strategy. It is...
- HELICOBACTER PYLORI; PATIENTS WITH FUNCTIONAL DYSPEPSIA. Ansari, Shuaib; Shahwani, Irfan Murtaza; Channa, Aqeel Ahmed; Syed Zulfiquar Ali Shah; Devrajani, Tarachand // Professional Medical Journal;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p679
Objective: To determine the frequency of H. pylori in patients with functional dyspepsia. Patients and methods: This six months multidisciplinary study was conducted at tertiary care teaching hospital as well as at private hospital Hyderabad from February 2012 to July 2012. All patients...