Stress arousal `good for employees and business'
- Stressing Health. Kerner, Suzanne // Business NH Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p47
Reports on the prevalence of job stress in the U.S. Personal, professional, and environmental stress experienced by employees; Negative impact of job stress on employees' health and the company; Evidence that 40 percent of job turnover is due to stress; Ways on how employers can help employees...
- Conquering Workplace Stress. Bromme, Trishe // BusinessWest;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on the job stress. Effects of chronic stress on physical and mental health; Sources of stress in the workplace; Symptoms of stress.
- Is your job making you sick? // Consumer Reports on Health;Sep2000, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p3
Discusses the health impact of job-related stress.
- Association Between Job Characteristics and Health Behaviors in Japanese Rural Workers. Tsutsumi, Akizumi; Kayaba, Kazunori; Yoshimura, Manabu; Sawada, Machi; Ishikawa, Shizukiyo; Sakai, Kenichiro; Gotoh, Tadao; Nago, Naoki // International Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p125
Associations between job characteristics defined by the Karasek's job demand-control model and health behaviors were investigated in a cross-sectional analysis of 6,759 Japanese rural workers. High psychological demands were associated with heavy smoking, exaggerated prevalence of alcohol...
- Your boss may be killing you. // USA Today Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 125 Issue 2616, p13
Looks at a European study which found that job stress can bring on a heart attack, bronchitis, or even induce violent behavior. Detrimental effects of higher workloads combined with demanding performance levels.
- Stress at work is widespread and on the increase. Kinnie, Nick // People Management;8/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p45
Discusses findings of a study on the high levels of stress at work in Great Britain. Causes of work stress; Health problems linked with high stress levels; Occupations that most likely to suffer from stress.
- Feedback. // Personnel Today;2/12/2002, p1
Focuses on the different views of employees on stressed jobs in Great Britain. Issue of health problem; Basis of employees stress; Risks of stressful occupation.
- out box. Doig, Mike // Employee Benefits;Jul2003, p58
Provides information about occupational stress. Physical and emotional signs; Effect on an individual's ability to function.
- Don't put your work into your heart. // Men's Health;Oct90, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p12
Reports that stress on the job may lead to actual physical changes in the heart according to the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- Perceived job stress and mental health in precision machine workers of Japan: a 2 year cohort study. Mino, Y.; Shigemi, J.; Tsuda, T.; Yasuda, N.; Bebbington, P. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jan1999, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p41
Cites a study to determine the impact of perceived job stress on the mental health in occupational settings. Methods applied in the study; Analysis of multiple logistic regression; Dependency of type of job stress that predicts mental health on the characteristics of the workplace.