British Gas leaks vital information
- Stepping off the gas. Mason, Joe // New Statesman & Society;3/18/94, Vol. 7 Issue 294, p19
Reports on the effects of the privatization of British Gas (BG). Losses due to redundancies in the workforce; Office of Gas Supply James McKinnnon's order for BG to reveal its industrial contract prices and open its trunkline grids to competitors' gas; Recommendations of a report from the...
- British Gas will double overseas holdings by 1999. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov94, Vol. 221 Issue 11, p1
Reports on efforts by British Gas to find expansion opportunities in under-developed markets. Expectations regarding future revenue; Losses incurred during the second quarter of 1994.
- Gas production off Trinidad. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May96, Vol. 223 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the commencement of gas production from the Dolphin Field off Trinidad operated by British Gas. Estimated production capacity.
- A natural gas strategy for Brazil. // Global Finance;Mar1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p35
Looks at the partnership established by the British Gas PLC in the Bolivia and Brazil pipeline to develop other projects along the gas chain in Brazil. Contributions made by petroleum companies involved in the construction of the pipeline project; Possibility for an increase in the demand for...
- British Gas becomes latest big firm to split. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;2/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 51, p8
Reports on an announcement by British Gas company. What is the announcement; Biggest restructuring for a British privatized company; Impact of the split on investors and customers; Approval of the split by the Gas Consumer Council; Fixed-price contracts signed by British Gas.
- Vietnam. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p18
Reports on British Gas PLC's relinquishment of Block 04-1 in the South Con Son Vasin in Vietnam.
- Gas shops sell cookware. // Housewares;Dec94, Issue 114, p3
Reports on British Gas Retail's opening of its first Energy Center outlet in Bradford, England. Products offered by Energy Center; Suppliers; Store format.
- Bolivia. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Aug95, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p13
Reports that British Gas is involved in a consortium that will build the Brazilian section of the $2 billion Bolivia to Brazil gas pipeline.
- British Gas will reorganize, lay off 20,000 employees. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb94, Vol. 221 Issue 2, p4
Reports that British Gas will reorganize its UK gas business structure following a recommendation from the British government's Monopolies & Mergers Commission. Proposal for the split of British Gas' domestic gas transportation and merchant functions.