Key skills checklist unveiled
- Surprise greets FEFC code of conduct. // Public Finance;2/10/95, p4
Reports on the issuance of the draft code of conduct by the Further Education Funding Council of England (FEFC) for council members and staff. Provisions for responsibility and information access; Submission of the draft to the investigative committee chaired by Lord Nolan.
- Noticeboard. // Adults Learning;Jun99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p4
Provides news briefs on adult learning in Europe. Number of participating students in further education by the Further Education Funding Council; Public reaction to comment made by the head of Dutch Education, Culture and Science on age limit to learning; Increase in the number of calls to...
- Funding under the microscope. Merrick, Neil // Public Finance;06/30/2000, p22
Focuses on the funding regime of the Further Education Funding Council for England. Efforts of the Tower Hamlets College to apply for funding units to claim additional money; Failure of the college to claim additional funding due to errors in submitting individualized student record returns;...
- FEFC to investigate software `problems' // Public Finance;04/19/96, p4
Focuses on the result of the investigation done by the Further Education Funding Council (FEFC) on the dangers that software imposes to college students. Reason for the investigation; Recommendations for a specific model of software application.
- PFI projects will lead the way for FE sector. // Public Finance;03/15/96, p7
Focuses on five capital projects of the Further Education Funding Council (FEFC). Value of the projects; Opinion of the Association for Colleges about the projects; Capital requirements of the colleges.
- `Use private finance' FE colleges told. Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;2/10/95, p3
Reports on the policy statement of the Further Education Funding Council of England (FEFC) at its 1995 conference on the funding for higher education colleges in Great Britain. Subscription to the government's private finance initiative (PFI); Use of college budgets as security for private...
- Noticeboard. // Adults Learning;Jan98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p4
Features several news and announcements concerning adult education in England. Availability of the `Learning for the 21st century' report on the Internet; Partnership formed by the South Trafford College and the Workers' Educational Association that encourages adults to start and continue to...
- Widening participation -- the core issue. Ingham, Richard // Adults Learning;Feb99, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p9
Looks at some of the main points on the speech of Professor David Melville. Affirmation on the link between funds for Further Education (FE) and the widening participation agenda; Description of some of the funding agreements that has provisions of infrastructure for pathways; Presentation of...
- Quality and standards in geography: The FE sector in England. Gardiner, Vince // Geography;Jan1998, Vol. 82 Issue 358, p63
Examines inspection procedures of the Further Education Funding Council (FEFC) in England, in relation to geography education. Importance of quality assurance in further education (FE); Information on the FE sector in the United Kingdom (UK); Types of FE provision which have emerged.