Lifelong learning paper axed
- Is scholarship a priority in academe today? Gilbreath, Kent // Baylor Business Review;Spring1993, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p28
Examines the importance of scholarship and reflection among universities in the United States. Categories of scholarship; Impact on students.
- Be all that you can be. Roberts, M. // Psychology Today;Mar88, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p28
We spend millions of dollars every year to better ourselves, indiscriminately buying and trying anything from brain-training courses to mind-reading manuals. But studies show that even though some unconventional techniques, such as sleep learning, can help people improve their abilities, others...
- Finding our inner voices: Rediscovering scholarship. Moxley, Joseph M. // Innovative Higher Education;Spring96, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p183
Examines the need to reconsider how scholarship is defined, rewarded and supported, and what the philosophical foundation of scholarship is. Results of the survey of the Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education; Agents of change in the faculty reward system.
- NSPA Scholarship Foundation Honor Roll of Honors. // National Public Accountant;Nov95, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p39
Presents a list of the NSPA Scholarship Foundation individual contributions from March 1995 to July 1995.
- Is that all there is? Vorsteg, Robert // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/15/96, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p28
Presents a speech by the faculty coordinator of Area II, Governor's School West of North Carolina, delivered before the Student Body, North Carolina Governor's School West in Salem College in North Carolina on August 4, 1996 on learning.
- Party 15 years in the making. // Malakoff News (TX);10/30/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 44, p6A
The article highlights the Becky Ray Memorial Scholarship Fund of Malakoff High School Class 1994 in Texas upon its 15th reunion on October 24, 2009.
- Learning with style (your own, that is). Arbetter, S. // Current Health 2;Sep90, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p22
Discusses various learning styles. Right brain versus left brain; Theories of learning styles; Discerning your intelligence strength.
- A Super-Region? // New England Journal of Higher Education;Winter2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p7
The article reports that Scholarship America announced in July 2009 the closure of its affiliated New York Dollars for Scholars office and that its New York chapters and Collegiate Partners will eventually be supervised by a regional office to be known as New England & New York Dollars for Scholars.
- A response to Bolin, Sergiovanni, Holland, and Grimmett. Blumberg, Arthur // Journal of Curriculum & Supervision;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p74
Presents a response to reactions to the article `Toward a Scholarship of Practice,' published in the Spring 1990 issue of the `Journal of Curriculum and Supervision.' Similarity of the author's view with that of Frances Bolin's; Views of Patricia Holland on hermeneutics; Peter Grimmett's notion...
- Toward a Virtual Degree. // Christian Science Monitor;9/14/99, Vol. 91 Issue 202, p8
Editorial. Offers an opinion on dispensing college lecture notes on the Internet.