Broadmoor HR chief opens door to non-union workers
- Union leaders. // New York Amsterdam News;3/9/96, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p10
Presents a photograph of the oath-taking ceremony of Municipal Hospital Workers Union's Local 420 officers.
- Local 420 seethes over contracts between unions and the city. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;12/2/95, Vol. 86 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the opposition of members of Local 420, the New York Municipal Hospital Workers Union, to a contract accord between the city of New York and a coalition of municipal labor unions. Objection to a two-year wage freeze provision in the contract; Absence of job security protection;...
- City unions see Medicaid and health buried by NYS. // New York Amsterdam News;2/10/96, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p4
Reports that the members and supporters of the New York City Municipal Hospital Workers Union have staged a mock funeral on January 31, 1996 at the steps of the State Capitol to protest the public health care budget in the state. Concerns on New York Governor George Pataki's budget cuts in...
- "Challenge yourself". // South Asian Post;6/5/2014, p11
The article profiles Amy Nand, a care aide at Good Samaritan Society, an assisted living facility in New Westminster, British Columbia, and includes information about her career development, membership at the Hospital Employees' Union (HEU), and job challenges.
- Organization and Bargaining in Hospitals. Gershenfeld, Walter J. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul68, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p51
Reports on trade-union organization and bargaining in hospitals in the U.S. in the 1960s. Membership composition; Bargaining issues, such as wage increases and base rates; Grievance procedure; Resolution of the problems of professional and nonprofessional groups in hospitals.
- Shamshad Bhachu gets involved in the things that matter. // Filipino Post;5/12/2011, p9
The article focuses on the involvement of Shamshad Bhachu in the Hospital Employees' Union (HEU) in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- My union is a great team! // South Asian Post;9/20/2012, p17
The article discusses the importance of being a member of the Hospital Employee's Union (HEU) for Shyam Jinna, a coordinator in porter services at British Columbia Children's Hospital.
- Joint Hospital-Union Training at Mount Sinai. French, Elliott // Training & Development Journal;Jan1967, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p46
Reports that the Mount Sinai Hospital and Local 1199 of the Drug and Hospital Employees Union have drawn up an on-the-job training program for nurses' aides and ward clerks. Need to improve quality of care; Training of housekeeping staff; Selection of trainees.
- Unions slam cuts in hospital plans. Oloroso Jr., Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;5/23/94, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p4
Reports on unions' possible reactions to job cuts mulled by the Cook County Hospital Administration, which has promised improved health care at a downsized Near West Side facility in Chicago, Illinois. Findings of Coopers & Lybrand's 1993 study; Influence of American Federation of State, County...