Bank hold-up ends peacefully
- Labor unions and their supporters are trying to turn back the clock. Cabot, Stephen J. // American Banker;9/17/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 179, p18
Opinion. Argues that a ban on permanent replacement of workers on strike would undermine the nation's economic recovery and ability to compete in a global economy. Labor unions' unrealistic demands as cause of the unionized workers' unemployment; Ban as labor's weapon against employers in...
- After the withdrawal, Barclays still see U.S. opportunities. Wirth, Gregg // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/13/97, Vol. 63 Issue 41, p18
Reports on the restructuring of Great Britain-based Barclays Bank PLC. Selling of the company's equity and merger and acquisition advisory operation; Incorporation of the company's debt market operations to Barclays Capital Group; Implications on BZW Securities, daughter company of Barclays Bank...
- Legally binding terms of endearment. Aikin, Olga // People Management;05/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p19
Discusses the legally binding contract terms of discretionary benefits. Case involving Barclay Bank PLC; Case in which the scope and range of discretionary benefits is tackled.
- Barclays catches analysts' attention. Reuters // American Banker;9/24/93, Vol. 158 Issue 184, p28
Reports on the emergence of Barclays Bank PLC as the top recovery stock on the analysts' lists in the United Kingdom. Results of the half-year report; Uncertainties in its term rating and risks; Value of the bank's shares; Reasons for the bank's loan loss reserves; Proportion of problem lending...
- Barclay's first-half U.S. loss $427.5 million. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;8/6/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 150, p4
Reports on Barclays Bank PLC's loss of $427.5 million in the first half of 1993. Comparison with 1992 loss; Attribution of loss to higher provisions for nonperforming property loans and to losses at its home lending unit; Barclays' worldwide assets; Earnings before taxes.
- Barclays U.K. to issue visa debit cards in fall. // American Banker;7/20/1995, Vol. 150 Issue 138, p18
Reports the decision of Barclays Bank of the United Kingdom to issue Visa Electron cards to all its asset card-holders from November 1995. Strength of card-holders.
- Barclays boosts top marketing team. Bashford, Suzy // Marketing (00253650);5/16/2002, p5
Reports on the move of Barclays in boosting marketing team to improve company image in Great Britain. Intention of the company to gain popularity by investing heavily in marketing; Aims of the bank on emulating domination of brand loyalty surveys; Members of the marketing team.
- Barclays' search for legal chief in crisis. Power, Helen // Lawyer;4/14/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the problems related to the search for a general counsel to replace Howard Trust at Barclays Bank PLC. Failure to attract U.S. in-house lawyer; Decision to resort to hire partners from its own panel firms.
- Barclays to offer expertise and support to schools. // School Leadership Today;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p4
The article informs of the initiative undertaken by the Barclay Bank PLC to offer its expertise and support to schools across Great Britain.