A clean bill of health
- Doctor/nurse pay disparity continues in the boardroom. // Nursing Standard;3/3/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p5
Reports on the results of a British National Health Service survey on the disparity between nursing directors and hospital medical directors' salaries. Average yearly earnings of nursing directors and hospital medical directors; Top five earning directors of nursing in Great Britain.
- About Right? // British Medical Journal;4/26/1975, Vol. 2 Issue 5964, p160
Focuses on the annual pay award for National Health Services (NHS) doctors in Great Britain. Opposition of the Review Body on the NHS standards; Increase in the salary of family doctors; Calculations on the general practitioner income and expenses.
- Fees for part-time work. // British Medical Journal;6/24/1978, Vol. 1 Issue 6128, p1713
Reports on the negotiation of the fees for part-time services of physicians in Great Britain. Provision of the negotiating staff by the British Medical Association; Effects of the National Health Service reorganization on the health authorities; Review of the incomes policy.
- Local pay for doctors sought by NHS trusts. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;10/06/95, p5
Reports the appeal of the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain for NHS trusts to be given flexibility to extend local pay to hospital doctors. Recommendation of an award for doctors similar to that of 1995/96; Context of the transitional local pay; Expectation for trusts to be more...
- Doctors get set to battle with NHS on pay. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;9/21/2001, p10
Reports on the dispute between doctors and the National Health Service's managers regarding wage increases for physicians in Great Britain in 2002. Recommendations on pay increases that are just above the inflation rate; Demand by doctors for a wage increase necessary to maintain their earnings...
- Government's cut in NHS doctor's pay award. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/22/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6328, p1572
Presents explanations for the government reduction of the doctors' pay award in the Great Britain National Health Service. Recommendation for levels of remuneration; Efforts to control public spending; Possibility of using recommended rates for pension purposes.
- BMA meets Review Body chairman. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/22/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6328, p1572
Reports the meeting of the British Medical Association with the Review Body chairman on the government recommendation for levels of remuneration for doctors in the National Health Service. Concern over the implementation of wage reduction; Availability of the printed report of the Review Body...
- From the CCCM. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/22/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6328, p1581
Discusses the government recommendations for salaries of physicians in the Great Britain National Health Service. Concern over the reduction of pay award for doctors; Provision of health service within cash limits; Call for the increase of salaries above the recommended level.
- Pay and conditions of NHS staff. Dyson, Roger // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/16/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6739, p1535
Reports the terms of the salary policies for employees of National Health Services (NHS) in Great Britain. Simplification of the rules of the conditions of the staff of NHS; Conditions in management at the local level; Implications on the pay of doctors.