BBC extends air time for employees
- BBC Magazines reorganises as sales dept. // Marketing Week (01419285);10/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p12
Reports on the restructuring of the advertisement sales functions of British Broadcasting Corp. magazines into groups, each led by a group advertisement director. Categories of titles; Responsibility of the Key Customers group; Leaders of the various groups; Creation of centralized teams for...
- Embattled BBC chief worrying about the wrong corporation. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;11/12/2010, Issue 45, p16
In this article the author discusses how director-general Mark Thompson of British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) faces criticism and scrutiny regarding his management of the corporation.
- BBC poised to strike Â£10m outdoor deal. Barrett, Lucy // Marketing Week;2/14/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p12
Reports decision of British Broadcasting Corp. to initiate an outdoor advertising drive in Great Britain. Amount of the permanent large-scale poster sites project; Role of outdoor media specialist Poster Publicity; Views from David Grint, head of marketing planning.
- BBC decision sees Farr poised to quit. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);4/6/2000, p1
Reports on the expected resignation of British Broadcasting Corp. director of public service Sue Farr after being passed over for the job of director for marketing and communications. Farr's role in the company's marketing success; Reaction of marketing operation staff on the appointment of...
- BBC, meet NBC. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;6/26/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p6
Reveals why British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) managers recalled a documentary crew from Italy in June 1995. Charges that the team tried to fake a scene of urban decay for a story on the drug-ridden southern part of Italy; What the team added to a street shot in the city of Reggio di Calabria.
- BBC Asian Network Closes: Move Described as 'Inevitable'. // India -- West;3/12/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 16, pC2
The article reports on the closure of British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) Asian Network by the end of 2011 due to lack of clarity in its programming and target audience.
- Vision only works if communicated. Aitken, Antony; Saunders, Ian // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p28
Explains how human resources (HR) can become more involved in taking a lead in change management programmes and how pursuing change does not have to cause discontent. Factors that led to successful change in management programmes; Key factors that influenced change in management programmes;...
- Developing human resources: Participative management and employee involvement: Slogans and reality? Fischer, Ben // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p137
Discusses various aspects of human resources development that encourage employee participation in management. Factors that caused expansion of employee involvement in management; Central purpose of employee involvement; Role of labor unions.
- Discussion after the speeches of Ben Fischer and William K. Rusak. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p149
Focuses on the discussion that followed the speeches by panelists Ben Fischer and William K. Rusak, given during the Canada-United States Law Institute's 1990 conference held in Cleveland, Ohio. Focus on employee participation in management.