FOX MANUFACTURING 3.2
- Miniature 4-cylinder 4-stroke. Gudaitis, Frank // Model Airplane News;Sep2000, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p146
Identifies the features of a miniature gas-ignition model airplane engine. Designer; Length of crankcase; Updraft carburetor; Materials used in making the engine; Difficulty in building the engine; Type of gas used to run engine.
- Making big engines fit. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;May2000, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p90
Explains how to install a gasoline engine into a giant-scale model airplane. Importance of engine position in models with spinners; MacMinarelli engines; Installation options.
- Keep Your Gas Engine Happy. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Oct2008, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p120
The article presents maintenance guidelines for gasoline engines of remote-controlled (RC) planes models. The fuel tank and fuel-line hardware needs should be compatible with gasoline, which should also be good, clean and filtered. The carburetor must be adjusted to correctly mix air and fuel....
- VW's transparent test engine. Gualtieri, Jorge // Automotive Industries;Oct95, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p48
Reports on the transparent engine used by Volkswagen (VW) researchers. Features of the engine; VW's work on direct injection gasoline engines.
- Flame kernel formation and propagation modelling in spark ignition engines. Song, Jeonghoon; Sunwoo, Myoungho // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p105
One-dimensional, time-dependent numerical simulations of flame kernel growth produced by a spark in a combustible gasoline-air mixture are presented. This model accounts for the fundamental properties of the ignition system, the combustible mixture and flow field. Submodels representing the...
- Simulation of a transient torque response for engine performance in a spark ignition engine. Cho, H; Song, H; Lee, J; Kauh, S // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p127
In the present study, a mean torque predictive model has been proposed and experimentally validated. It includes an inducted air mass model, a fuel delivery model and a mean torque production model. The inducted air mass model and fuel delivery model, considering the dynamic behaviours of air...
- Effects of design and operating parameters on the static and dynamic performance of an electromagnetic valve actuator. Lee, J; Yoo, J; Kim, D; Park, K; Park, S-H // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;Mar2003, Vol. 217 Issue 3, p193
The electromagnetic valve (EMV) actuation system is a new technology for improvement in fuel efficiency and reduction in emissions in spark ignition (SI) engines. It can provide more flexibility in valve event control compared with conventional variable valve actuation devices. However, a more...
- Direct injection boosts engine performance. // R&D Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the development of a Direct Injection Gasoline Engine by researchers at Toyota Motor Corporation in Toyota, Japan. Features of this product; Issues that could be solved by this product; Why a deep-dished piston was designed; Detailed information on the engine.
- Low NOx 25SG gas engine field tests start. // Modern Power Systems;Oct93, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p61
Features Sweden-based Wartsila NOHAB's 25SG spark ignition gas engine. Configuration; Precombustion chamber; Engine control; Reduction of nitrogen oxide emission; Utilization of recoverable heat; Integration of waste heat into the steam system turbine feedwater heating function.