FOX MANUFACTURING 3.2
- Miniature 4-cylinder 4-stroke. Gudaitis, Frank // Model Airplane News;Sep2000, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p146
Identifies the features of a miniature gas-ignition model airplane engine. Designer; Length of crankcase; Updraft carburetor; Materials used in making the engine; Difficulty in building the engine; Type of gas used to run engine.
- Making big engines fit. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;May2000, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p90
Explains how to install a gasoline engine into a giant-scale model airplane. Importance of engine position in models with spinners; MacMinarelli engines; Installation options.
- Keep Your Gas Engine Happy. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Oct2008, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p120
The article presents maintenance guidelines for gasoline engines of remote-controlled (RC) planes models. The fuel tank and fuel-line hardware needs should be compatible with gasoline, which should also be good, clean and filtered. The carburetor must be adjusted to correctly mix air and fuel....
- Flame kernel formation and propagation modelling in spark ignition engines. Song, Jeonghoon; Sunwoo, Myoungho // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p105
One-dimensional, time-dependent numerical simulations of flame kernel growth produced by a spark in a combustible gasoline-air mixture are presented. This model accounts for the fundamental properties of the ignition system, the combustible mixture and flow field. Submodels representing the...
- Simulation of a transient torque response for engine performance in a spark ignition engine. Cho, H; Song, H; Lee, J; Kauh, S // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p127
In the present study, a mean torque predictive model has been proposed and experimentally validated. It includes an inducted air mass model, a fuel delivery model and a mean torque production model. The inducted air mass model and fuel delivery model, considering the dynamic behaviours of air...
- Direct injection boosts engine performance. // R&D Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the development of a Direct Injection Gasoline Engine by researchers at Toyota Motor Corporation in Toyota, Japan. Features of this product; Issues that could be solved by this product; Why a deep-dished piston was designed; Detailed information on the engine.
- Investigation into Hydrocarbon Emissions from Crevice and Oil Film During Cold Start and Idling Periods in a Spark Ignition Engine. Huang, Z; Pang, J; Pan, K; Jiang, D; Zhou, L; Yang, Z // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;1998, Vol. 212 Issue 6, p501
In order to understand better the process of hydrocarbon formation and the effect of the top-land crevice and the oil layer of the cylinder liner on unburned hydrocarbons during cold start and idling periods, the temperature of the piston top-land and liner was measured. Based on the measured...
- Combustion characteristics of spark-ignition and pilot flame ignition systems in a model Wankel stratified charge engine. Muroki, T; Moriyoshi, Y // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;2000, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p949
In a stratified charge engine, a glow plug pilot flame ignition system has been compared with a spark-ignition system for a model stratified charge Wankel combustion chamber. A motored two-stroke diesel engine was operated as a rapid compression and expansion machine with the cylinder head...
- A New Concept of Misfire Detection using a Wide-Range Oxygen sensor in a Spark-Ignition Engine. Chung, Y; Choi, S; Bae, C; Yoon, K // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;1999, Vol. 213 Issue 6, p585
Misfiring in spark-ignition engines can cause immediate damage to the catalyst and increase emissions since it brings unburned fuel and oxygen into the catalyst, resulting in an increase in temperature owing to subsequent combustion. Therefore, misfirings must be detected, as specified in the...