FOX MANUFACTURING 3.2
- Miniature 4-cylinder 4-stroke. Gudaitis, Frank // Model Airplane News;Sep2000, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p146
Identifies the features of a miniature gas-ignition model airplane engine. Designer; Length of crankcase; Updraft carburetor; Materials used in making the engine; Difficulty in building the engine; Type of gas used to run engine.
- Making big engines fit. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;May2000, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p90
Explains how to install a gasoline engine into a giant-scale model airplane. Importance of engine position in models with spinners; MacMinarelli engines; Installation options.
- Fuji Imvac BT-43EI. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Mar2006, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p82
The article evaluates the Fuji Imvac BT-43EI gasoline engine for model airplanes and offers information about its design and construction, electronic ignition, engine starting, needle settings and prop numbers.
- Keep Your Gas Engine Happy. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Oct2008, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p120
The article presents maintenance guidelines for gasoline engines of remote-controlled (RC) planes models. The fuel tank and fuel-line hardware needs should be compatible with gasoline, which should also be good, clean and filtered. The carburetor must be adjusted to correctly mix air and fuel....
- Basic Engine Displacement 101. LEE, CLARENCE // Model Airplane News;Jul2010, Vol. 138 Issue 7, p102
The article presents advisories on topics related to engine displacement. A sender asks about the origin and displacement size of a Maloney gasoline engine which was made in Korea and imported by World Engines and was named after the owner of the company James Maloney. It also offers the basic...
- Power to Please. // Model Airplane News;Mar2006, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p58
The article describes the use of the DA 50-R engine from Desert Aircraft to power the 87-inch Extra 330 ARF model airplane constructed by using a kit from Lanier RC. It is a single-cylinder, gasoline engine that provides about 5hp even though it weighs only 2.94 pounds. It is equipped with...
- VW's transparent test engine. Gualtieri, Jorge // Automotive Industries;Oct95, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p48
Reports on the transparent engine used by Volkswagen (VW) researchers. Features of the engine; VW's work on direct injection gasoline engines.
- 1998 engine trends. // Automotive Industries;Mar1998, Vol. 178 Issue 3, p52
Presents information on the trends for the 1998 direct fuel-injection (DI) gasoline engines. Background information on the history of these engines; Percentage increase of combustion efficiency and fuel economy which high-pressure DI improves; Cost of a gallon of gasoline in the United States;...
- Flame kernel formation and propagation modelling in spark ignition engines. Song, Jeonghoon; Sunwoo, Myoungho // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p105
One-dimensional, time-dependent numerical simulations of flame kernel growth produced by a spark in a combustible gasoline-air mixture are presented. This model accounts for the fundamental properties of the ignition system, the combustible mixture and flow field. Submodels representing the...