- Medical Logistics at the Salang Pass Avalanche. VanVactor, Jerry D.; Donovant, Jason; Dinh-Truong, Michael // Army Sustainment;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p25
The article focuses on how U.S. medical logistics personnel responded to an avalanche that occurred at the Salang Pass in Afghanistan on February 9, 2010. A brief overview of the disaster management which occurs in four phases including preparedness, response, and recovery is provided. It...
- corpsman. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p529
A definition of the term "corpsman," which refers to an enlisted individual in the U.S. Armed Forces working as a member of the medical team, is presented.
- Expert Medical Badge. Emerson, William K. // Military Collector & Historian;Summer2010, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p109
An image of the medical personnel badge established by the U.S. Army is presented.
- Roles and missions. Kagan, Donald // Orbis;Spring97, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p187
Details the involvement of the United States Armed Forces abroad for the purpose of humanitarian intervention and preservation of international security. Chief mission of the US military forces; Most important mission; Factors affecting the efficiency of the strength of the US military power.
- GOP: Troop cuts likely to help likely to help McCain. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;5/23/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 61, p1
The article reports on the belief of Republican legislators that withdrawing additional troops from Iraq will benefit the candidacy of Republican Senator and presidential candidate John McCain.
- Army End Strength. Kroesen, Frederick J. // Army Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p7
Presents views on the plans of the U.S. Armed Forces in reducing the army's military presence in Iraq. Efforts of the U.S. government to employ the assistance of international forces; Consideration for the adequacy of the force for accomplishing its missions; Duration of military foreign...
- Marines, sailors deploy to support peacekeepers. // Marines;Mar94, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the possible deployment of US Navy and US Marine Corps personnel to Zagreb, Croatia in support for the United Nation's peacekeeping force. Schedule of the plan; Personnel targeted for deployment; Missions.
- Enlisted doctor is master sleuth. Dietrich, Sue; Conner, Jim // All Hands;Aug94, Issue 928, p8
The article focuses on the career of Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman (SS) Erich P. Junger, who was assigned to the Armed Forces Medical Examiner's Office at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (AFIP) in Washington, D.C.
- Strong to save. Stephens, Kevin // All Hands;Aug94, Issue 928, p14
The article focuses on the effort of the U.S. Marines and Sailors in helping victims of war in Croatia.