Air pollution death toll to soar
- Every Citizen a Carbon Trader? Prescott, Matt; Taylor, Matthew // World Policy Journal;Spring2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p19
This article examines the viability of a cap-and-trade system to control carbon emissions in the United States. A similar system had great success in reducing acid rain. There is also debate over instituting individual restrictions on emissions. Everyone would be issued the same amount of...
- System approach to cutting emissions. Vogt, Willie // Western Farmer-Stockman;Feb2011, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p33
The article focuses on the aspects of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and the diesel particulate filter that work together to clear the air.
- Australia - world's biggest climate vandal. Butler, Simon // Green Left Weekly;1/21/2009, Issue 779, p4
The article reports on the Greenhouse Indicator Report that was released on January 13, 2009 by the Climate Group regarding the increased gas emissions in Queensland, Victoria, and New South Whales, causing Australia to become the biggest greenhouse gas emitter.
- Global emissions may set a record in 2010. Macaulay, Craig // Ecos;Dec2010/Jan2011, Issue 158, p17
The article reports that carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions which has contributed to global atmospheric warming may reach record levels in 2010, according to the Global Carbon Project (GCP).
- Smoke Watch. // New Yorker;7/17/1965, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p23
The article highlights a visual smoke watch of a number of plants arranged by Consolidated Edison Co. from an office on the eight floor of the Empire State Building in New York City. It says that three senior employees who work in shifts operate the smoke watch from 6 o'clock in the morning to...
- Houston to Monitor Air Toxics at Chemical Plants. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the plan of Mayor Bill White to install emissions monitors around facilities that city officials believe are sources of excess levels of air toxics in Houston, Texas. Objective of the plan; Concern of activists on the proposal; Counties with the highest levels of air toxics based on...
- Storrington village launches LEZ trial. Tindall, Chris // Commercial Motor;7/10/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 5594, p10
The article reports on the launch of a trial on low emission zone (LEZ) in Storrington village located in West Sussex, England in May 2014.
- Speakers Announced for International Emissions Conference in Istanbul. // Asian Environmental Technology;2014 Annual Buyers' Guide, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
The article announces the speakers and the titles of conference presentations published by the organisers of CEM Conference and Exhibition on Emissions Monitoring to be held at Renaissance Polat Instanbul Hotel in Turkey on May 14-16, 2014.
- Smog advisories help Ontarians cope with increased pollution. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/10/99, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p237
Reports on the smog advisory created by the Ontario Medical Association (OMG). Who the one page advisories are aimed at; Reasons why the sulphur content in the smog increased between 1998 and 1999; Efforts of the government to reduce the sulphur content by 90 percent.