Moratorium urged for foreign visa trainees
- License requirements for international medical graduates: Should national standards be adopted? Nasmith, Louise // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/21/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p795
Focuses on the issue of adopting more uniform national standards for International Medical Graduates (IMG) licences. Mentions the shortage of medical personnel throughout Canada and the practice of recruiting IMGs to provide the needed services; How the requirements for physicians vary.
- Recovery of interest and the new government green paper. Hulmes, John // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p5
Analyzes the practicability of a proposed culture of late payment of commercial debts by small businesses in England. Purpose of the proposition; Relevance of the bill to small businessmen; Burden of paying interest under a contract.
- Agendas for developmental supervision research: A... McNeill, Brian W.; Stoltenberg, Cal D. // Counselor Education & Supervision;Mar1992, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p179
Presents a comments that articulates the points of disagreement with L. DiAnne Borders's recommendations for moratoriums on developmental supervision areas and provides an alternative reading of the empirical literature concerning the validity of developmental conceptualizations. Views of...
- Mandeville aims moratorium at stopping Wal-Mart project. Webb, Mary // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p63
Reports the meeting of Mandeville City Council to introduce a one-year moratorium on building on property zoned commercial in Louisiana.
- Sugar CHP beats power moratorium. // Professional Engineering;02/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the approval of a moratorium in combined heat and power (CHP) projects, while indicating that CHP plants were exempted from the moratorium; Example of an industry using steam and heat from a power plant; Reason the CHP plants were exempted; Comments from environment minister Michael...
- No Growth to Slow Growth. // njbiz;12/16/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p4
Reports on the existence of a building moratorium in New Jersey. Details of a settlement forged by the state with developers; Complaints raised by builders in the state.
- Moratoriums After Tahoe-Sierra: A Massachusetts View. Lawlor, James // Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the development of zoning moratoriums in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Adoption of a one-year moratorium by the city on construction in the district; Changes in zoning in the area; Imposition of reasonable zoning provisions by the municipal zoning authority.
- MMR uptake falls below 70% mark. Polak, Monika // GP: General Practitioner;1/21/2002, p3
Reports on the decline of MMR vaccine uptake in Great Britain. Effort of the general practitioners for a moratorium on target payments for the MMR vaccine; Promise from the National Health Service Confederation to look at incentive payments; Absence of changes in the health system emphasized by...
- City collecting proposals on solid waste disposal. // Crain's New York Business;05/19/97, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p24
Reports that as New York City prepares for the closure of the Fresh Kills landfill on Staten Island, Bronx leaders are proposing a moratorium on different solid waste facilities in their area. Information on a waste management plan the borough has submitted.