Ask Them If They Were Fired, but Not When They Graduated
- Nameless CV proposal slammed by HR chiefs. Peacock, Louisa; Logan, Guy // Personnel Today;5/19/2009, p16
The article reports that a proposal in the Equality Bill to ban names from job applications to prevent discrimination has been criticized by personnel management chiefs as unworkable in Great Britain. Hazel Mitchell, Human Resource director at broadcaster ITN, said that the key to all this is a...
- Sexual Discrimination in the Use of Letters of Recommendation: A Case of Reverse Discrimination. Kryger, Barbara Rosenblum; Shikiar, Richard // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jun78, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p309
Possible sexual discrimination was examined in the use of letters of recommendation. Eight different letters of recommendation (male or female writer, male or female applicant, favorable or unfavorable letter) were written for applicants applying for a management (trainee) position. A mailed...
- HALF OF CANADIAN EMPLOYERS HAVE CAUGHT LIES ON RESUMES. // HR Professional;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p9
The article discusses findings in an online survey of 400 human resources (HR) managers in Canada as to the honesty of job applicants in their resumes. Topics include areas where job seekers commit lies as observed by employers including job title at 32%, embellished skill set at 58% and...
- Career coach our panel of experts sheds light on your profesional dilemmas. by, Edited; Beagrie, Scott; Sell, Peter; Taylor, Suzanne; Wilford, Peter // Personnel Today;4/2/2002, p31
Presents advice to problems related to personnel management in Great Britain. Desire to use French language skills in an international human resources (HR) experience; Difficulties in getting a job in HR department; Experiences in management change. INSET: THE EXPERTS.
- IMPROVING APPLICANTS' PERFORMANCE IN THE COMPLETION OF APPLICATIONS. Porter, Wayne R.; Levine, Edward L. // Public Personnel Management;Jul/Aug74, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p314
Focuses on the improvement of applicant performance in the completion of requirements in Arizona. Development of brochure for applicants; Contents of the brochure; Effectiveness of the brochure in improving the quality of applications.
- Appendix C: Job Requisition Form. // Managing Human Resources in Small & Mid-Sized Companies;1995, p304
A sample of a job requisition form that relates to the articles which appeared in the book "Managing Human Resources in Small & Mid-Sized Companies" is presented.
- Appendix F: Application for Employment Form. // Managing Human Resources in Small & Mid-Sized Companies;1995, p307
A sample of an application for employment form that relates to the articles which appeared in the book "Managing Human Resources in Small & Mid-Sized Companies" is presented.
- An audit job application forms in response to adverts in the British Medical Journal. Taylor, F.G.M.; Daniels, I.R.; George, C.D. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 79 Issue 928, p117
Examines the speed of response of human resources departments to requests for job application forms for posts advertised in the periodical 'British Medical Journal.' Focus on closing date for applications, postage cost and the period to reply; Recommendation that human resources departments...
- Great Expectations. Feaster, Tamara; Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;May99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p65
Presents answer to reader's question on how to contact an executive search firm.