Learning to Learn: How to Find Training and Classes that Work for You
- The System's the Thing. Verlander, Edward G. // Training & Development Journal;Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the need to involve managers in a career management system (CMS). Elements of an effective CMS; Importance of management support to the success of a CMS; Officials responsible for the success of the CMS.
- The 12-Fold Path to CD Enlightenment. Leibowitz, Zandy B.; Farren, Caela; Kaye, Beverly // Training & Development Journal;Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the driving principles of a successful career development (CD) program. Extent to which systems models and approaches underlie CD programs; Definition of organizational problems; Alignment of the CD program with the objectives of the human resources department; Outline of a...
- CHINESE PUZZLE. Sloman, Martyn // People Management;1/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p40
This article discusses how the Chinese human resource (HR) community can ensure the workforce is equipped to meet the demands of the future. A study showed that the role of learning, training and development in China would be fundamentally the same with other countries. It is suggested that HR...
- Back to the Campus: Career Development in an Academic Setting. Kahnweiler, Jennifer B. // Training & Development Journal;Aug84, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p54
Suggests that colleges and universities are increasingly opening their doors to people interested in career development. Role of the academic route in meeting the demand for career development; Training workshops; One-to-one training approach.
- Fail-Safe Pilot Programs. Derven, Marjorie Garfunkel // Training & Development Journal;Mar1989, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p63
Focuses on the preparation of a pilot for a new employee training program. Selection of participants for the pilot; Maximization of learners' attitudes; Implementation of the pilot program; Evaluation of the pilot's outcome.
- Guiding People into the Training Profession. Blitzer, Roy J. // Training & Development Journal;Dec88, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p65
Offers guidelines for people contemplating a shift to the corporate training sector from other fields of disciplines. Retraining for employees with academic backgrounds; Significance of people skills in the training profession; Assessments of a candidate's strength and improvement areas.
- Meeting the Need for Employees Development in the 21st Century. Shah, Amit; Sterrett, Charles; Chesser, Jerry; Wilmore, Jessica // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p22
Recommends several employee training programs. Concept of corporate universities; Methodology of self-directed learning; Forms of outsourcing used by training programs.
- Contract talks. // Money Marketing;10/7/2004, p56
Discusses the nature and components of professional development contracts (PDC). Aim of the PDC; Structure of the system; Significance of creating and implementing an induction program.
- COLUMN: Learning key to job success. Luptakova, Stanislava // Slovak Spectator;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, pIV
Addresses the importance of training and development in human resources management in Slovakia. Failure of employees to enhance their competence and take responsibility for their development; Increase in the number of companies who find it hard to attract suitable employees for the jobs they...