- Don't want to relocate? Not a problem. SONIER, DREW // Healthcare Design;Sep2012, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p24
The article suggests ways to address the problem associated with employees declining opportunities that required relocation. Topics discussed include concerns of employees over housing and mortgage, unwillingness shown by executives to relocate due to school-aged children and the loss of...
- Dual Career Implications on Workforce Mobility: The Evolution of the Relocating Spouse/Partner. Bello, Lorraine; Tinder, Galen // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Sep2009, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p36
The article focuses on the results of a number of surveys and studies which demonstrated that an employee's family has a major effect on the success of a work relocation and also on the employee's performance in his or her new position. According to most relocation industry surveys conducted,...
- The career couple challenge. // Personnel Journal;Sep95 Supplement, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p1
Examines the challenge presented by dual-career couples on international assignment in multinational corporations. Difficulties faced by the couple and human resource managers; Aspects of expatriate compensation; Company practices in the transfer of unmarried partners abroad.
- Relocating the dual income family. Leonard, Bill; Sommer, Roger D. // HR Magazine;Aug1995, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p55
Discusses the issues concerning the relocation of dual income families. Percentage of all married persons in the workforce that belong to dual-career families; Types of relocation; Percentage of relocations that include promotions; Employee willingness to relocate; Support for relocating partners.
- MOVING THE TWO-CAREER COUPLE. // Management Review;Sep86, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p54
Discusses spouse employment assistance as a standard aspect of employee relocation policy by companies in the United States. Ways to make the relocation work to the maximum benefit of both the employee and employer; Importance of becoming knowledgeable about how to choose a good spouse...
- A Family Affair. Hichins, Michael // Management Review;Feb99, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p6
Reports that relocation choices can become very complicated for a dual-career family, according to Stuart Meyers, vice president of Management Recruiters International. Factors employees should consider before relocating; Advantage of relocating.
- Solve the dual-career challenge. Carter, Nancy // Workforce;Oct97 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 76, p21
Focuses on what companies can do to help dual-career couples. Factors that influence a relocation decision; Components of a espousal-assistance program; Value of international experience for dual couples.
- The balancing act--work and family. // CPA Journal;Jan1994, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p9
Presents tips for balancing work and family for the two wage-earner situation, from the fall 1993 issue of the newsletter `The PAGINGpress'. Flexible work week; Telecommuting; Using a paging device.
- Understanding Dual Career Couples. Parker, Marolyn; Peltier, Steven; Wolleat, Patricia // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Sep81, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p14
The increasing number of clients seeking to maintain a dual career life-style has increased the need for counselors to educate themselves to the unique set of concerns, needs, and characteristics particular to dual career partners and their families. This article presents an overview of the...