Prepared to Go, But Eager to Stay
- Quality Hires. Salzwedel, David // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
Advises executives on hiring the best job applicants. Use of an automated assessment tools; Asking of candidates to write a one-page report on some aspect of a certain business or industry that will force them to do some research.
- Look Right Look Left Recruit! Doyle, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p17
Presents advice on employee selection and management. Standardization of the hiring process; Documentation needed from applicants; Use of structured and competency-based interviewing; Guide to effective interview questioning; Reference checking; Performance management; Response to results of...
- Applicant Tracking Reports Make Data Meaningful. Dickmeyer, William // Workforce;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p64
Explains how human resource professionals can benefit from the data collected by applicant tracking systems. Meaningful data which applicant tracking systems can produce; Aspects of human resource management which can be helped by the tracking systems; Description on how applicant tracking...
- 'Resurrection is Tougher Than Birth' // Training & Development Journal;May83, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on the management, selection and assessment of employees within an organization as part of its human resource development. Criticality of the issue of executive selection; Criteria on which promotions within companies are usually based; Trend in human resource development.
- The quest for good employees. Daks // Business News New Jersey;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p14
Part I. Discusses how to identify, attract and retain the best employees. Offer of skills to entice employees through training programs; Use of a headhunter to identify and hire qualified employees; Making the company a fun place to work.
- Hiring patterns in the region. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/08/99, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p9
Presents a graph depicting the hiring patterns in Connecticut from 1985 to 1999.
- 'Job Matching' is the process of matching the right person to the right job. GREENBERG, HERBERT M.; SIDLER, GREGORY // Forum (10566937);Oct98, Issue 197, p10
Focuses on `job matching,' the process of matching the right person to the right job. Individual's inherent motivational strengths as the basis of the job matching process; Overview on fundamental questions that need to be considered in order to understand what personality attributes would be...
- When good managers manage too much. // Inc.;Apr99, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p31
Comments on mistakes made by managers in hiring an employee. Examples; Indicators that you hired the wrong employee; Management advice.
- Looking for Mr./Ms. Right. Waddell, J.R. // Supervision;Feb98, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p16
Discusses some considerations when hiring employees. Character before skills; Constructing job profiles; Identification of an organization's fundamental problems prior to hiring; Dynamics of work groups; Hiring for a key position; Behavior patterns to watch out for; Hiring process.
- WORD OF MOUTH. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // Credit Union Management;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on employee referral programs. Benefits of employee referral; Variety of employee referral; Weaknesses of employee referral programs.