Landrieu playing defense on energy
- Louisiana should back energy bill after MTBE provision is scrapped. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p24
With the price of gasoline safely back down into the $1.30 to $1.40 range in most states, the urgency of passing an energy bill has throttled back, too. The price at the pump seems to be the only way to wake Americans to the fragility of energy lifeline. When pump prices rise, so does American...
- Landrieu's reelection bid made difficult by Vitter. Raju, Manu // Hill;4/3/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p4
The article reports that the re-election bid of Senator Mary Landrieu of Louisiana in November 2008 is being obstructed by Republican David Vitter, who has been backing the legislative efforts of Landrieu's Republican opponent, John Kennedy.
- The enemies of Mary Landrieu. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Opinion. Comments on the candidacy of Mary Landrieu for the 1995 gubernatorial election in Louisiana. Accomplishment of promises; Reformation of the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority; Effectiveness on the bond commission; Position on refinery tax.
- The courtship of Mary Landrieu. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/12/96, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p5
Editorial. Focuses on Mary Landrieu and John Breaux, who is campaigning for Landrieu. What Landrieu's chances of running for the United States Senate is based on.
- Landrieu's vote swap on ANWR could help save Louisiana coast. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/21/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p24
Comments on the debate among legislators about drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Viewpoint of Senator Mary Landrieu about the issue; Support of Landrieu to the energy bill of President George W. Bush; Objection of the environmentalists to the proposal.
- Untitled. Blake, Aaron // Hill;4/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p22
The article reports that State Treasurer John Kennedy outraised Senator Mary Landrieu in the first quarter of 2008, in reference to reports filed with the Federal Election Commission.
- Back in the saddle. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/27/96, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p5
Opinion. Comments on Mary Landrieu's campaign for the US Senate. Campaign machinery; Lessons learned from previous election campaigns; Campaign slogans.
- A time to attack. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the political campaigns of Democrats Mary Landrieu and Peggy Wilson in New Orleans, Louisiana. Political strategies; Media campaigns; Political attacks against the two candidates.
- Will Landrieu be put in limbo? Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;11/23/96, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p2554
Reports on Louisiana Republican Woody Jenkins' petition to the US Senate to review his narrow loss to Democrat Mary Landrieu in the 1996 senatorial election. Votes cast questioned by Jenkins; Petition pending the confirmation of Landrieu until the Senate resolves Jenkin's allegations of voter...