Battling the Barriers to Generational Planning
- Money Matters. // Scholastic Scope;1/5/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p5
The article lists books that offer financial education to teenagers which includes "What Is the Future of the U.S. Economy?" by Susan C. Hunnicutt, "The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens," by David & Tom Gardner and Selena Maranjian, and "Financial Planning for Teens," by Yvonne Brooks.
- Generational Planning: 5 Tips for Success. Crane, Amy Buttell // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2008 Practice Management Solutio, p22
The article presents several tips for financial advisors who want to become involved with generational financial planning such as understanding the importance of addressing issues being faced by clients, educating the younger generations of a family and looking at the larger picture when making...
- 6 Steps to a Successful COI Network. Flaxington, Beverly D. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov/Dec2008 Practice Management Sol, p24
The article lists steps that financial planners need to take when establishing a center-of-influence (COI) network, including spending time with the COI, creating a relationship with COI members and discussing marketing with other COI members.
- Coping with the "Great Recession": A To-Do List for Retirement Planning Professionals. Tacchino, Kenn Beam // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;May2009, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p6
The article presents a list of steps that the author recommends that financial advisors take in regards to the economic recession, including to not call it the "Great Recession," to advise clients to not make unnecessary withdrawals from their 401(k) plans and not to allow clients to sell their...
- Resource Directory. // Financial Planning;2009 Independent Broker-Dealer, p41
A directory for broker-dealer companies in the U.S. is presented.
- Resource Directory. // Financial Planning;Aug2011 Independent Broker-Dealer, p56
A directory of companies the financial planning industry is presented.
- March checklist. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p3
The article presents a checklist of tips and tasks to help readers organize their personal finances.
- Products & Services Directory: FPA Institutional Members. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p59
A directory of institutional members of the Financial Planning Association is presented, including information on asset management firm Wealthcare Capital Management Inc., brokerage firm First Command Financial Services Inc., and insurance company Aetna.
- January checklist. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Jan2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p3
The article presents a financial planning checklist for January 2014, with topics including making a realistic household budget, paying quarterly estimated taxes by January 15, updating home inventories, booking summer vacations early to take advantage of discounts, and shopping sales for home...