Generational Planning: 5 Tips for Success
- Money Matters. // Scholastic Scope;1/5/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p5
The article lists books that offer financial education to teenagers which includes "What Is the Future of the U.S. Economy?" by Susan C. Hunnicutt, "The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens," by David & Tom Gardner and Selena Maranjian, and "Financial Planning for Teens," by Yvonne Brooks.
- Battling the Barriers to Generational Planning. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2008 Practice Management Solutio, p23
The article presents a list of problems which may arise when financial planners have the children and grandchildren of their clients as clients including confidentiality, issues within the family and the personality of the prior relationship which family members may have had with another...
- 6 Steps to a Successful COI Network. Flaxington, Beverly D. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov/Dec2008 Practice Management Sol, p24
The article lists steps that financial planners need to take when establishing a center-of-influence (COI) network, including spending time with the COI, creating a relationship with COI members and discussing marketing with other COI members.
- Coping with the "Great Recession": A To-Do List for Retirement Planning Professionals. Tacchino, Kenn Beam // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;May2009, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p6
The article presents a list of steps that the author recommends that financial advisors take in regards to the economic recession, including to not call it the "Great Recession," to advise clients to not make unnecessary withdrawals from their 401(k) plans and not to allow clients to sell their...
- Resource Directory. // Financial Planning;2009 Independent Broker-Dealer, p41
A directory for broker-dealer companies in the U.S. is presented.
- Resource Directory. // Financial Planning;Aug2011 Independent Broker-Dealer, p56
A directory of companies the financial planning industry is presented.
- March checklist. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p3
The article presents a checklist of tips and tasks to help readers organize their personal finances.
- Products & Services Directory: FPA Institutional Members. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p59
A directory of institutional members of the Financial Planning Association is presented, including information on asset management firm Wealthcare Capital Management Inc., brokerage firm First Command Financial Services Inc., and insurance company Aetna.
- January checklist. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Jan2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p3
The article presents a financial planning checklist for January 2014, with topics including making a realistic household budget, paying quarterly estimated taxes by January 15, updating home inventories, booking summer vacations early to take advantage of discounts, and shopping sales for home...