- Is your net working? Penson, Peta G. // Business Journal (Central New York);07/23/99, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p20
Discusses the value of social networking to business enterprises and one's personal life. Improvement of employees' professional relationships with co-workers; Increase in meaning derived from the workplace; Source of new business ideas and career advice.
- Talking shop. Mulhern, Charlotte // Entrepreneur;May96, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p174
Presents questions and answers on topics which are business related. How to use networking opportunities to help grow a business; Development of personal strategic marketing plan; Tips to help make a positive impression and achieve the results needed when attending events; What is needed to...
- The Business Of SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP In A 'DOWN ECONOMY.' Pomerantz, Mark // In Business;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on importance of social enterprises in the U.S. Definition of social entrepreneurship; Types of social enterprises; Roots of social entrepreneurship; Social foundations that are supportive of social entrepreneurship.
- CRASH COURSE IN... CORPORATE TWITTER. // Management Today;Mar2010, p22
The article discusses the aspects to consider before joining the Twitter and other micro-blogging sites for the benefit of one's company.
- Workers mentoring slaves. // Inside Tucson Business;12/2/96, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p20
Reports on the formation of employee networking groups by business enterprises in Phoenix, Arizona. Reason for creation of networking programs.
- MESSAGE SENT. Woolley, Cyndee // Gulfshore Business;Nov2011, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p13
The article focuses on the author's claim that the statement of a 15-year old son of an associate mentioning that Facebook is for females will have an impact on future business.
- Organizing ‘the firm’ in industrial geography I: networks, institutions and regional development. Wai-chung Yeung, H. // Progress in Human Geography;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p301
I want to begin the first of my three annual progress reports on industrial geography by claiming that industrial geography, at least as I know it, has done very well within the geographical and, perhaps even, the wider social-scientific discourses. I am pleased the subdiscipline has lived up to...
- Entrepreneurs build `good old girl' network. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;11/24/97, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p11
Presents explanations of various entrepreneurial women who found support through Resources for Women Inc., a local networking organization in Tucson, Arizona which encourages interaction among business owners. Anne Waisman of Tucson Service Center; Debbie Du Sold of All Care Restoration of...
- Beware of inciting online vendetta from clients. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p40
The article social networking sites that customers are using against companies.