Financial Planners Don't Always Practice What They Preach
- Ten-year level term 1996 $250,000 policy. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep96, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p64
Presents a chart reflecting ten-year level term 1996 on a $250,000 worth of term insurance policy in the United States. Company name; Policy name; Premium; Total premium; Payments made.
- A multifront term war. Panko, Ron // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb98, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p61
Highlights the challenge of gaining market share for companies selling term life insurance policies in the United States. Increase of activity in competitive pricing; Creation of lower rates for clients; Role of reinsurers in launching new policy categories.
- Level term? That's an XXX-rated question. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/27/95, Vol. 99 Issue 48, p11
Discusses the activities of level term life insurers and producers as they compete for market share growth in anticipation of the Triple X model regulation on policy reserves by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Industry developments belying predictions that lever term life...
- Timing is everything in term renewability. Mitchell, G. Thomas // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/14/98, Vol. 102 Issue 37, p8
Discusses the advantages of offering deferred choices of term insurance periods in term life insurance in the United States. Enhancement of client's financial planning flexibility; Comparison with traditional renewability; ViaChoice term series underwritten by CNA's Valley Forge Life...
- Term war to span whole lives. Kosnett, Jeffrey R. // LAN: Life Association News;Sep97, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the 30-year guaranteed level-premium term policies of term insurance companies. Increase in policy time periods; Improvement in conversion privileges; Price reductions.
- Insurers enhance term life lineups. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Nov97, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p80
Names three insurers which have succeeded in improving their term life products. Guarantee Life Insurance Co.; North American Co. for Life and Health Insurance; Principal Financial Group; Product offerings.
- Term life available at Quicken website. West, Diane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/21/96, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p18
Presents information on the testing of a sales platform for term life insurance at Quicken's InsureMarket website by Allstate subsidiary Lincoln Benefit Life and Zurich Direct of Zurich Kemper Life. Signing of a letter of intent by John Hancock Financial Services; Initiations by other website.
- Term plan pays out monthly benefit. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/21/96, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p21
Reports on the development of SalaryGuard, a decreasing term life policy which pays beneficiaries a designated monthly benefit, by Transamerica Occidental Life. How this policy functions; Comments from Jon Romer, vice president and director-marketing for the company's life insurance division.
- Smart ways to save as much as 35% on your term life insurance policy. Berger, Susan // Money;May97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p25
Suggests techniques for reducing the cost of term life insurance. Price variations found among life insurers; Prices compared to so-called preferred policies.