- John Denver. ZOLLO, PAUL // American Songwriter (0896-8993);Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p80
The article focuses on the singer, songwriter and activist Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr., who is professionally known as John Denver. It mentions that Denver wrote many memorable songs including "Leaving on a Jet Plane," "Rocky Mountain High," and "Take Me Home, Country Roads." It also states...
- Sincere Flattery. Zivan, David // Indianapolis Monthly;Jul2010, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p117
The article offers information on the forthcoming musical concerts to be organized in Indianapolis, Indiana, on July 9 and 10, 2010 and July 30 and 31, 2010 as a tribute to musician John Denver.
- Denver Achieves Guru Status. // Insight on the News;12/24/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p17
Deals with the proliferation of a religious sect around the world that worship pop singer John Denver. Countries where the sect originated; Their beliefs about Denver.
- Thank God I'm a Country Boy. // Free Flight;Winter2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p26
The lyrics to the song "Thank God I'm a Country Boy," recorded by John Denver are presented. First Line: Well life's on a farm is kinda laid back, Last Line: Thank God I'm a country boy.
- Poems, prayers, and promises. Smith, Kyle; Bane, Vickie // People;11/03/97, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p60
Reports on the memorial services for musician John Denver who died on October 12, 1997. His nature as a dare-devil; Comments from friends and family.
- Crash and Yearn. Nash, Alanna // Entertainment Weekly;10/18/2002, Issue 678, p126
Profiles singer John Denver and his demise in 1997 due to a plane crash.
- Peaks & valleys. Castro, Peter; Bane, Vickie // People;10/27/97, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p82
Profiles the life of singer John Denver who was killed in a plane crash in October 1997. His numerous successes; Denver's love of airplanes and flying; Details of the plane flown by Denver when he crashed; The accident; Denver's incidences of drunk driving; Childhood; Early career; Family life.
- Take me home. Nash, Alanna; Hochman, David // Entertainment Weekly;10/24/97, Issue 402, p18
Remembers musician John Denver, who died on October 12, 1997 in a plane crash. Biographical details; Musical and acting career; Denver's use of his popularity to draw attention to worthy causes including the launch of the Windstar Foundation in 1976, a nonprofit organization focused on wildlife...
- ALL ABOARD! (Music release). // Publishers Weekly;9/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 37, p33
Reviews the children's audio `All Aboard!' by John Denver.