A botched job in Bangkok
- Minority Summit Fosters DEALS. Wolff, Carlo // Lodging Hospitality;9/15/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 13, p42
Highlights the deals made at the sixth annual Multicultural Tourism/Hotel Ownership Summit & Trade Show in July 2002 at a Florida hotel. Description on the incentive plan unveiled by Choice Hotels Corp. for Afro-Americans, Native Americans and Hispanics; Number of Comfort Inns bought by George...
- Rodeway leads Choice revamp. Gillette, Bill // Hotel & Motel Management;9/4/95, Vol. 210 Issue 15, p1
Reports that Rodeway Inns is the main focus of Choice Hotels International's marketing strategy. Appointment of Brendan Ebbs as president of Rodeway Inn; Changes in the campaign and fee structure; Expansion of Rodeway in the future.
- Choice Hotels enters Russian market. // Travel Agent;12/5/94, Vol. 273 Issue 8, p52
Reports that Choice Hotels International will open its first hotel in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) in autumn, 1995. Agreement with Contract Russia; Renovation of former Inter Hotel Petrograd; Re-naming to Clarion North Crown; Plans for development of more hotels by 1998.
- More choices. Diamond, Kerry // Travel Agent;11/13/95, Vol. 277 Issue 9, p55
No abstract available.
- Choice enters three countries. // National Real Estate Investor;Nov93, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p16
Reports on Choice Hotels International's business agreements with China, France and Canada. Conversion of an independent property in China; Purchase of the Resthotel Primevere and Resthotel Saphir in France; Joint venture with Journey's End Corp. in Canada.
- Late-breaking news: Choice Hotels to separate franchise, real estate groups. Gibbs, Melanie F. // National Real Estate Investor;May97, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on Choice Hotels International's plans to divide its present operations into two companies through a pro rata spin-off to shareholders. Appointment of William Floyd as head of the franchising operation; Possible appointment of Don Landry as head of the real estate company.
- Rodeway seniors get choice room. // Lodging Hospitality;Nov93, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p11
Describes the features of the Rodeway Choice Room at the Rodeway Inn in Dallas.
- A deal of a meal: Breakfast at comfort. // Lodging Hospitality;Apr94, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p10
Details Choice Hotels' free continental breakfast package for business travelers. Deductible meal costs; Features of the breakfast package.
- Making a different choice. // Travel Agent;5/19/97, Vol. 286 Issue 4, p50
Profiles the company Choice Hotels International. Headquarters; Year founded; Internet and electronic mail address; Strategy employed for the growth of the company; Agent First program of the company; Administrative personnel; Problems encountered by the company on collecting commissions.