Hong Kong bids to forge partnerships
- FOREIGN TRADE FAIRS AS AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT TOOL. Montgomery, J.A. // Economic Development Review;Winter87, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p40
Assesses the value of foreign trade fairs as an economic development tool. Types of trade fairs; Advance planning strategies; Travel plans; Tips on what to bring to a foreign trade show.
- Artistic attractions. // Travel Trade;3/22/2006, p11
The article reports that art exhibitions are drawing increasing numbers of interstate clients in the 20 to 40 year age group to Canberra, Australian Capital Territory. Chief executive of the Australian Capital Tourism Corporation Ross MacDiarmid said, collections of the National Gallery of...
- How to use trade shows in economic development. Ely, Todd // Economic Development Review;Fall94, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p88
Presents guidelines on how to make trade shows an effective component of an economic development program. Economic benefits of trade shows; Responsibilities and functions of economic development practitioners during the conduct of trade shows; Guidelines in choosing the correct show to exhibit;...
- Shanghai's Back on Top of the World. Ramzy, Austin // Time International (Asia Edition);5/3/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 17, p26
The article discusses the resurgence of Shanghai, China as a global center of commerce and culure, where the Expo 2010 is currently being held. Shanghai used to be one of the international centers of trade and culture before the establishment of People's Republic of China by Chinese Communist...
- GATEWAYS. // Art Monthly;Feb2005, Issue 283, p11
Reports that the art exhibition project developed by Christo & Jeanne-Claude will go on view in New York City's Central Park between February 12 and 27, 2005. Estimated project cost; Overview of the project; Views of the city's Economic Development Corporation on the project.
- HEDGING THEIR BETS. Frater, Patrick // Variety;12/8/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 4, pA29
The article reports on the exhibition business in Asia. CineAsia is a traveling exhibition event which will be located in Macau, China for 2008. However, many are not sure of the exhibition industry in Asia and how it will fare in the growing economic crisis. Within Asia, the developing...
- Businesses come together for Expo 2000. Irwin, Dave // Inside Tucson Business;01/10/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 42, p1
Presents an overview of Expo 2000, an economic development conference in Tucson, Arizona. Participation by the Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Tucson Economic Council; Event's aim of creating friends and awareness for and among the Tucson business community; Co-sponsors...
- The Hong Kong Toys and Games Fair. // Playthings;Jan95, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the Hong Kong Toys and Games Fair scheduled for January 11 to 14, 1995 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre organized by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council. Insight into toy growth and toy revenue.
- AGENDA. // BusinessWest;9/28/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p76
A calendar of events for the Massachusetts area from September 30 to December 31, 2009 is presented which includes the third annual Community Celebration of Collaboration for Economic Development, "United in Hope" community town-hall-style event, and the "After 5 & Tabletop Expo."