- Correspondence of Charles Darwin on James Torbitt's project to breed blight-resistant potatoes. Dearce, M. // Archives of Natural History;Oct2008, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p208
The most prolific of Darwin's correspondents from Ireland was James Torbitt, an enterprising grocer and wine merchant of 58 North Street, Belfast. Between February 1876 and March 1882, 141 letters were exchanged on the feasibility and ways of supporting one of Torbitt's commercial projects, the...
- France presents its travel spectacular with style. Lisella, Maria // Travel Agent;2/26/96 Supplement Europe, Vol. 278 Issue 12, p2
Focuses on the French Travel Spectacular, an exhibition scheduled to be held in late January, 1997. Venue; Number of exhibitors expected to participate; What the exhibition entails; Estimated incentive business from the United States; Comments from Jacques Caradec, director of the Business...
- Strategy for success. Cogswell, David // Travel Agent;4/22/96, Vol. 279 Issue 8, p69
Reports on the success of TourExpo '96 which was held in San Francisco on March 29-31, 1996. Event sponsored by Travel Agent and the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA); Number of travel agents who attended show; Comments from Arthur Tauck, president of Tauck Tours; Types of...
- Atlanta displays new traveler info system. // American City & County;May96, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p14
Announces the Traveler Information Show, scheduled to take place in Atlanta, Georgia, in June 1996. Introduction of the traveler information system; Components of the Transportation Management System; How volunteers will use hand-held computers with wireless links to the system; Why Atlanta was...
- Bon appetit at TourExpo. Graham, John // Travel Agent;03/24/97, Vol. 285 Issue 8, p38
Presents information on the 1997 TourExpo to be held in Montreal, Quebec, from April 11-13, 1997. Hosts and sponsors of activities; Speakers; Cost of roundtrip fare on Air Canada.
- Welcoming the world. Arellano, Luisa Esquiroz // Travel Agent;04/21/97, Vol. 285 Issue 12, p120
Reports on Expotur '97, a tourism event in Costa Rica, scheduled on May 27-3, 1997. Products and services highlighted in show; Registration details; Contact information.
- Sharp keynotes. // Travel Agent;12/11/95, Vol. 278 Issue 1, p59
Reports that the TourExpo '96 will be held on March 29-31, 1995 in San Francisco, California. Keynote speakers; Admission fee; Contact information.
- Show time. Graham, John C. // Travel Agent;04/07/97, Vol. 285 Issue 10, p24
Features the TourExpo `97 trade industry exhibitions in Montreal, Canada. Schedule of the event; Co-sponsorship by USTOA and the Trade Show Division of the Universal Media Travel Group; Lists of exhibitors involved in the event; Registration details and contact telephone numbers.
- TourExpo: All for one. Cogswell, David // Travel Agent;05/05/97 Supplement Israel, Vol. 286 Issue 2, p74
Talks about the TourExpo in Montreal, Canada. Themes of the TourExpo; Sharing of one conviction in the TourExpo; Advantage of the TourExpo for Canada; Evaluation of the show's success; Keynote speakers at the general session; Increase of trips to Canada in 1996; Topics included in the seminar;...