Cornwall gets new complex
- This Is a High School? // Entertainment Design;Jul2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p8
Features the entertainment arts building at the Paul R. Cramer Center for the Arts at Steward School in Richmond Virginia. Architectural design; Launch of school productions and college preparatory program; Architects of the project.
- Homes Away From Home. Strauss, Rusty // Entertainment Design;Oct2003, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p38
Features a list of the author's favorite venues for the performing arts all over the North American region. Physical description of Van Duzer Theatre in Arcata, California; Features of the State Theatre in Honolulu, Hawaii; Equipment used inside Vilar Center for the Performing Arts in Beaver...
- Sounding out Riverbend. // Architectural Record;Nov1986, Vol. 174 Issue 13, p131
Architect Michael Graves's pavilion is not only a viable successful concert hall for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, but also a multipurpose 5,000 seat vehicle for the Cincinnati Opera touring Broadway productions, and many types of concerts. Holden, a principal in Jaffe Acoustics, Inc....
- Northern lights. Schmertz, M.F. // Architectural Record;Apr1989, Vol. 177 Issue 4, p96
Features the new Alaska Center for the Performing Arts in Anchorage, Alaska designed by architects Hugh Hardy, Malcolm Holzman, and Norman Pfeiffer. Includes design details, site plan, interior.
- Theatrical romance. Avanesov, G.A. // Architectural Record;Aug1990, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p90
Describes the new Centennial Performing Arts Center at the Westminster School, a private coed secondary school in Simsbury, Connecticut. Graham Gund Architects.
- Changing how the arts conducts itself. Stone, Leonard David // Business Quarterly;Spring95, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p52
Discusses the restructuring of Canada's performing arts organizations. Marketing of artistic offerings; Opportunities presented by the electronic revolution; Necessity of change; Importance of government funding; Strategies of managing the arts for survival and success.
- Managing the performing arts. Cutts, Charles S.; Drozd, F. Anne // Business Quarterly;Spring95, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the changes undergone by performing arts management organizations (PAMO) in Canada. Functions of PAMOs; Objectives of The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall (MH-RTH); Focus on core functions; Components for success; Balance between encouraging endeavors and operating as...
- The Danes Value the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen. Hansen, Trine Bille // Hume Papers on Public Policy;1998, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the use of contingent valuation method to value a quasi-private cultural good in the form of the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen, Denmark. Revenue collected through admission prices; Notion of option value; Issues of validity and reliability.
- LARGEST CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p74
The article lists the largest cultural attractions in Ohio ranked by 2007 attendance which includes PlayhouseSquare in Cleveland, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum Inc. in Cleveland and The Akron Civic Theatre in Akron.
- Struggling Organic looking for a break. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p26
Focuses on the financial difficulties experienced by the Organic Theater in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of soaring rents for commercial leases; Shows staged at the Organic Theater; Reasons behind the difficulties suffered by the theater.