- Life in the 90's. Golway, Terry // America;5/16/1998, Vol. 178 Issue 17, p4
Looks at the planned renaming of the 20-year-old Brendan Byrne Arena in New Jersey into the Continental Airlines Arena. Significance of the arena; How the arena was built; Reactions on the attitude towards the arena as obsolete.
- In a name. // Business News New Jersey;1/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p2
Reports that Brendan Bryne Arena was renamed Continential Airlines Arena as a result of a marketing agreement. Information on employees prosperity.
- Blockbuster February Ups Arena's Profit. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the financial performance of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Van Andel Arena. Earnings from concerts.
- Arena Revenue Is Well Ahead of Last Year. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p9
Reports on the revenue flow for the Grand Center and the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Net income for August 2002.
- Trusting The Trusses. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/24/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 53, p10
A photograph which shows the construction of the Van Noord Arena at Calvin College in Michigan is presented.
- Making the transition. Burke, Jerry // Hockey Digest;May97, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on changing the playing surfaces of the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Breakdown procedure; Removal of the seating area; Delivery of food, drinks and souvenirs; Concerns on scoring equipment.
- Do Downtown Sports Palaces Make Sense? Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // njbiz;2/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the proposed Newark Arena in New Jersey. Cost of constructing the arena; Information on the fund sources for the proposed arena; Benefit of the proposed arena.
- Arena emergence top economic story. Pullano, Gary // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/2/96, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Looks at the new arena called the `Van Andel Arena,' found in the Grand Rapids. $75 million, 12,000-seat facility on former GUS lot site between Fulton and Weston Streets; What the facility is; Progress of arena led by Grand Action Committee co-chairs Dick DeVos, John Canepa and David Frey;...
- Wise up. // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Opinion. Comments on the reasons why the construction of Gund Arena blew though its budget. Assessment of spending patterns for the arena; Loosely worded arena lease; Fast-track construction process; Gateway officials' failure to react publicly about the extravagances.
- MSA brass look closely at Phoenix, Cleveland. Beaven, Stephen // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p4A
Reports on developments related to the Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, Indiana. Cost estimates for renovation options; Comparisons of amenities in other sports arenas; Financing options.