Of force, fear
- Consolation rings hollow in unhealthy church. // National Catholic Reporter;5/11/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p24
The article comments on the role of women religious leaders in Catholics. It is stated that a severe imbalance exists in the relationship between bishops and women religious; and it is stated in church law and ancient practice that men possess the power and authority, and the sole right to make...
- Austria passes strict law governing minority religions. // Church & State;Feb98, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p22
Reports that a legislation which allows a two-tiered classification system for religious groups that members of some denominations assert, has been passed in Austria. Stipulations of this legislation; Reference to reports from `The Washington Times' newspaper; Comment from John Graz, a...
- Law watch. // Your Church;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p10
Summarizes two precedent-setting court rulings and legislative acts affecting churches in the United States. Federal appeals court decision that gifts made to a church by a bankrupt Minnesota couple cannot be recovered by creditors; Church's offering of insurance plans on the same basis as...
- Welcome! // Ohio Christian News;Feb2012, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p3
The article announces the enthronement of Metropolitan Savas as Metropolitan of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania on December 8, 2011.
- Cursillo leaders. // Catholic East Texas;10/17/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p7
A photograph of the newly elected leaders for the Cursillo de Cristiandad movement in the Diocese of Tyler, Texas, including second secretary Patricia Alfaro, first secretary Fela Ru�z and Father Figueroa, is presented.
- People. // Christian Century;11/7/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 30, p12
Presents an update on religious leaders as of November 11, 2001.
- ABUBAKAR III. // Black Studies Primer;2008, p13
The article profiles Sokoto, Nigerian-born Abubakar III, who became one of the famous modern African religious leaders.
- Commemoration Practices in the Kirillo-Belozerskii Monastery, 1550-1650. Shablova, T.I. // Russian Studies in History;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p72
Discusses the special aspects of the Kirillo-Belozerskii Monastery Rule. Introduction of the cenobitic monastic communities into Rus' in the late fourteenth century; Basis of the handbooks of ecclesiastical conduct; Application of the Jerusalem Rule to local conditions.
- PCUSA ordination proposal fail. // Christian Century;04/08/98, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p362
Reports on the failure of Amendment A, a proposal that aimed to ease the sexual standards required of pastors, elders and deacons in the Presbyterian Church in United States. Requirements to clergy, deacon and elders under the proposal; Requirements in order for the proposal to be adopted.