- Council measures private equity's impact. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;5/17/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on a research done by the Washington-based Private Equity Council on the impact of private equity employment on the economy in the U.S.
- What private equity investments are bing made in Europe, who is investing and how are they doing? Arundale, Keith // Journal of Asset Management;Jul2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p17
Presents a study which investigated the European private equity market and the prospects for private equity and venture capital in 2001. Growth of the private equity investment in Europe; Amount of private equity and venture capital invested globally in 2000; Information on the drop in...
- Private equity opportunities. Johnson, Howard // CMA Management;Nov2007, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p24
The article provides information on the growth of private equity firms in Canada. It cites that private equity firms are competing to secure the opportunity in the investment area and mostly will lay out their investment on websites. The article also offers the private equity capital uses which...
- Stocks Add Mild Gains; FleetCor Regains Buy Point. VINCENT MAO // Investors Business Daily;12/5/2014, p00
Stocks continued to make small improvements Friday afternoon. A much better-than-expected jobs report boosted equities.
- PE Pollyannas? Fugazy, Danielle // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p30
The article reports on the optimism shown by private equity firms in the leveraged buyout world, despite the ugly picture for 2006 and 2007 vintage funds. It is argued that most comapnies have an easier time growing in an improving economy, so when the economy comes back, the businesses tend to...
- LBOs: Questions for the board. Bruner, Robert F. // Directors & Boards;2007 1st Quarter, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p16
The article relates the author's view on the growth of leveraged buyouts in public companies in the U.S. He stated that due to private equity investing and leveraged buyouts, cash flows, asset utilization and returns has increased. He offers several principles concerning the $360 billion...
- Buoyant receives finance to support MBO. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2013, Issue 5845, p6
The article reports on the Â£7 million of investment from NVM Private Equity received by Lancashire-based furniture company Buoyant Upholstery to support its management buyout (MBO).
- Private equity and entrepreneurial management in management buy-outs. Bruining, Hans; Verwaal, Ernst; Wright, Mike // Small Business Economics;Apr2013, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p591
Critics claim that short-term profit orientation and high deal price strategies of private equity (PE) firms can negatively affect the ability of management buyouts to initiate and sustain entrepreneurial management. This study investigates this claim by comparing effects of majority PE backed...
- Kallidus wins private equity backing for MBO. // e.learning age;Feb2015, p2
The article reports that Kallidus, a British human capital management firm, has completed a management buyout (MBO) backed by a majority investment from FF&P Private Equity and informs that the investment will allow Kallidus to grow through the development of existing and complementary products.