WHY APPRENTICESHIPS ARE THE WAY AHEAD FOR EMPLOYERS
- Boost for small business apprentices. Higgs, Lauren // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;2/26/2009, p4
The article reports on the scheme of the first apprenticeship organisation to boost the number of apprentices in small businesses for the young trainees in Great Britain. It mentions that a London Apprenticeship Company, which is a non-profit venture, will train 16-25 year-old apprentices before...
- The cloud over the silver lining. // Training Journal;Aug2011, p30
The article presents the author's discussion on the expansion of apprenticeships may scupper if there is a lack of employer demand in Great Britain. He mentions that he loves teaching master course at Kingston University since his students provide insight from their organisations. He notes that...
- Ask Brendan Walsh. // Director;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p41
An answer is presented to a question asked by a British employer on how to establish an apprenticeship program to combat a skills shortage in Great Britain, discussing whether the employer should use an apprenticeship agency and how to train a human resource manager to hire apprentices.
- LEVY AND PAYE FOR APPRENTICES. // Accountancy;Oct2015, Vol. 155 Issue 1466, p24
The article reports on the introduction of a nil rate of secondary Class 1 national insurance contributions for qualifying apprentices under the age of twenty-five and the imposition on larger employers of an apprenticeship levy, effective from April 6, 2016.
- Boost for apprentices. // Works Management;Aug2005, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p6
Reports on increasing support for apprenticeships in Great Britain. Access of small businesses to training schemes.
- Lehrling gesucht. Huber, Hanne // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Sozialreform;mai1964, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p282
The article discusses the unexpectedly low number of 1963 graduates available for entry level or trainee positions in Germany. Part the reason may be the fact that a ninth school year had been added to the folk school education. The author also thinks that economic pressure has encouraged...
- Modi manufacturing change for the better. // Eastern Eye;1/2/2015, Issue 1283, p16
The article focuses on the Make in India initiative by India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi which will make easier for Indian employers to hire apprentices for two years.
- APPRENTICE ACTION. // Australian Horticulture;Mar2012, p37
The article presents information about competency-based completion for horticulture apprenticeships. An apprentice can continue his training outside the classroom by working with an employer over an agreed time period. The training provider discusses the apprentice's progress with the employer...
- New national apprenticeship service is launched. // Works Management;May2009, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the launch of a new national apprenticeship service (NAS) in England. It is intended to ensure that every qualified young person has the right to an apprenticeship by 2013. The NAS helps employers to take on apprenticeships, streamline the application process, and offers...