Haringey Council saves with measurement
- Three goals for February. // Managing People at Work;Feb2010, Issue 335, p1
The article presents suggestions on how to manage employees set and achieve the company's performance expectations.
- Editorial. Carazo, José Antonio // Capital Humano;Feb2011, Vol. 24 Issue 251, p3
No abstract available.
- What to Do If Your Team Is Letting You Down. Grady, Anne // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;5/4/2015, p2
The article discusses steps that managers can take if employees are not performing to satisfaction which include clearly defining expectations and goals, rewarding achievements, and avoiding assuming that employees intentionally perform disappointing work.
- HR in action to avoid another Baby Peter. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;5/21/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on human resource (HR) measurements at Haringey Council in London, England that will help prevent a repeat of the management mistakes which led to the death of Baby Peter. London borough's HR chief, Steve Davies cited factors that had given HR additional credibility to...
- What's it like working for you? Lennard, Lori // Farm Futures;Nov2012, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p53
The article offers tips on how farm owners can improve the performance of their employees.
- Is There a General Factor in Ratings of Job Performance? A Meta-Analytic Framework for Disentangling Substantive and Error Influences. Viswesvaran, Chockalingam; Schmidt, Frank L.; Ones, Deniz S. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jan2005, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p108
A database integrating 90 years of empirical studies reporting intercorrelations among rated job performance dimensions was used to test the hypothesis of a general factor in job performance. After controlling for halo error and 3 other sources of measurement error, there remained a general...
- Setting the Record Straight on Managing Your Boss. Gallo, Amy // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;12/18/2014, p2
The article offers ideas to employees to create positive relationship and interaction with a business manager that include bringing solutions to problems, controlling emotions, job performance based on commitment and expectations, and not confusing relationship with the boss as friendship.
- Lack of honest feedback on performance endangers staff motivation. Eyre, Elizabeth // Training Journal;May2011, p9
The article reports that a survey by Threshold and YouGov has underlined the importance of nurturing and job performance. The survey was conducted on 965 British employees. About 45% of employees feel that they get enough feedback from their line managers. About 44% said that the feedback they...
- Hone employees' skills. // Communication Briefings;Mar2013, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
The article presents steps to create skills development plan with employees including assessing the areas to focus on, setting goals to address the critical areas for employee's job performance and satisfaction, and creating learning opportunities.