- Call to NHS: tackle racial harassment. Rana, Eila // People Management;4/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on workplace racism and harassment at the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. Knowledge of NHS managers regarding racial harassment; Attitude of ethnic minority employees toward racial harassment.
- NHS accused of being chronically and consistently racially biased. // British Journal of Nursing;5/8/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p527
Reports on accusations that the Great Britain National Health Service is racially biased, according to Trevor Phillips, head of the Commission for Racial Equality. Allegations that conditions to which ethnic minorities are prone to are not given the same priority as others.
- NHS trusts fail to deliver on race equality targets. // Employers Law;Oct2006, p5
The article reports that the British National Health Service (NHS) trusts that fail to report on race equality could be investigated by the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) after 463 out of 570 trusts were condemned by a report by the Healthcare Commission. The commission's audit of all the...
- Public Health News. // Occupational Health;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p7
Presents updates on public health in Great Britain as of June 2003. Initiatives of nursing regulators to oppose government demand for public release of nursing registry; Allegations of racial discrimination practices at the British National Health Service; Correlation between obesity and cancer...
- NHS race reform. // Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p3
The article reports that anew blueprint for prevention of racism against people from ethnic minorities by National Health Service (NHS) mental health services was welcomed by campaigners although they are disappointed the government did not go further. The government has ducked the two central...
- ADMIT IT: RACISM IS A MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE. Roberts, Yvonne // Community Care;1/20/2005, Issue 1556, p23
Focuses on racism in mental health services in Great Britain. Plan of the British government to stop racial discrimination in the mental health services of the National Health Service; Details of the government's comprehensive ethnic monitoring of services.
- Health policy and race equality: an illusion of progress? McNaught, Allan // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Dec2004, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p579
The article discusses the issue of racial discrimination against black and ethnic minorities in the National Health Services (NHS) in Great Britain. Racial and ethnic discrimination in NHS has greatly affected both their patients and employees. Many patients and employees of black and ethnic...
- Practising what we preach: working towards a diverse workforce in the UK. Notter, Joy // Diversity in Health & Social Care;2006, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p231
The author reflects on the issues regarding employment of black and minority ethnic communities in the Great Britain National Health Service (NHS) and the role of NHS trust to address such diversity issue. She discusses NHS' efforts to increase diversity through inclusion of diversity in the...
- Institutional racism in mental health care. McKenzie, Kwame; Bhui, Kamaldeep // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/31/2007, Vol. 334 Issue 7295, p649
The article presents an editorial that discusses a survey conducted by the Healthcare Commission of Great Britain about mental health services in National Health Service hospitals, private mental health hospitals, and learning disability units in Great Britain. Though there are high incidence...